Dietary supplements are popular with many people who have ME/CFS or fibromyalgia, either because of the lower levels of nutrients people have regardless of diet, or because of dissatisfaction or limitations in the traditional medicines available.
Key resources[edit | edit source]
- Alternative medical interventions used in the treatment and management of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia (systematic review)
- Dr Lapp's supplement recommendations
- Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome - Werbach (2000)
- List of approved herbal medicines by the EU Committee for Herbal Medicinal Products
Related categories[edit | edit source]
Please create pages for[edit | edit source]
(remove any blue links from this section)
Please expand these stub pages[edit | edit source]
Acetyl coenzyme A, Adaptogens, Arachidonic acid, Ashwagandha, Astragalus membranaceus, Bitter fennel, Bojungikgi-tang, Bromelain, Bromide, Calcium, Calendula, Camomile, Citrulline, Colostrum, Creatine, Curcumin, Docosahexaenoic acid, Echinacea, Ecklonia cava, Electrolyte, Essential fatty acid, Evening primrose oil, Fat burner, Feverfew, GcMAF, Gotu kola, Green coffee bean extract, Hawthorn, Hydrochloric acid, Iron, Licorice, Lomatium, Lysine, Manganese, Mangosteen, Membrane lipid replacement, Methylene blue, Methylsulfonylmethane, MitoQ, Mushrooms, Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, NT Factor, Olive leaf and olives, Omega 6 fatty acid, Oral rehydration salts, Oxaloacetate, Pantothenic Acid, Phenylalanine, PrescriptAssist, Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, SAM-e, Selenium, Serine, Shiitake mushroom, St. John’s Wort, Superoxide dismutase, Sweet fennel, Taurine, Threonine, Traditional medicine, Transfer factors, Turmeric, Uva ursi, Valerian, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitex trifolia, Whey products
References[edit | edit source]
- Werbach, Melvyn R. (2000), Nutritional Strategies for Treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, 5, pp. 93–108
- Porter, Nicole S.; Jason, Leonard A.; Boulton, Aaron; Bothne, Nancy; Coleman, Blair (March 2010). "Alternative medical interventions used in the treatment and management of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia" (PDF). Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (New York, N.Y.). 16 (3): 235–249. doi:10.1089/acm.2008.0376. ISSN 1557-7708. PMID 20192908.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► B vitamins (17 P)
- ► Electrolytes (7 P)
- ► Glycophospholipids (1 P)
- ► Herbs (75 P)
- ► Polyunsaturated fatty acids (9 P)
- ► Traditional Chinese medicine (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Vitamins (1 C, 15 P)
Pages in category "Supplements"
The following 197 pages are in this category, out of 197 total.