Rosamund Vallings, MD, MNZM, MB, BS, is one of New Zealand’s leading authorities on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She served voluntarily for over 27 years as President of the Associated New Zealand ME Society (ANZMES) and later as Medical Adviser and Committee Member.
- 2011, Nelson Gantz Outstanding Clinician Award awarded to a physician who emulates Nelson Gantz's clinical acumen, his passion for medicine, and his empathy for persons with CFS/FM awarded by IACFS/ME
- 2008, Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the New Year honours list (MNZM)
Open Letter to The Lancet
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. In 2016, Dr. Vallings, along with 41 colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog
- 2016, Invest in ME C11 2016 Conference Report, by Dr. Rosamund Vallings
- 2015 Invest in ME Conference Report, by Dr. Rosamund Vallings
- 2004, AACFS 7th International Conference - Conference Reports.
- 2004, Hypnosis in the Management of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
"Abstract - During the past 30 years hypnosis has become recognised as a useful adjunct to traditional medical therapies, and has become part of mainstream medicine. Hypnosis societies provide training for health professionals to obtain registrable qualifications. The modality has been incorporated in the management of many medical conditions and diseases, with opportunities for symptom control, building confidence and enhancing the benefits of regular therapies. There are many opportunities for using hypnosis as an adjunctive therapy in the management of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, despite some early difficulties. Problems likely to be encountered are discussed and the structure of the hypnosis session is outlined. Suggestions are given for practitioners to construct useful scripts, which can be used to teach self-hypnosis."
Talks and Interviews
- 2014, CFS/ME lecture | Dr Ros Vallings | Sep-2014
- 2013, Presentation by Dr Ros Vallings at seminar held by Emerge Australia (formerly ME/CFS Australia (Victoria))
- 2013, Dr Ros Vallings talks about M.E. and feelings of isolation
- 2010, Dr Ros Vallings on ME/CFS and XMRV
- 2015, Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people
- 2013, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome M.E.: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Management
- 20 November 2016, Doctor wins international award in Times Live New Zealand
- Carruthers, BM; van de Sande, MI; De Meirleir, KL; Klimas, NG; Broderick, G; Mitchell, T; Staines, D; Powles, A C P; Speight, N; Vallings, R; Bateman, L; Baumgarten-Austrheim, B; Bell, DS; Carlo-Stella, N; Chia, J; Darragh, A; Jo, D; Lewis, D; Light, A; Marshall-Gradisnik, S; Mena, I; Mikovits, JA; Miwa, K; Murovska, M; Pall, ML; Stevens, S (2011), "Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Consensus Criteria.", Journal of Internal Medicine, 270 (4): 327-38, PMID 21777306, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2796.2011.02428.x
- Rosamund Vallings. (2004). AACFS 7th International Conference. Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vol. 12, Iss. 4, pp. 61-79. http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J092v12n04_06
- Rosamund Vallings. (2004). Hypnosis in the Management of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vol. 12, Iss. 4, pp. 37-46. http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J092v12n04_04
- Vallings, Rosamund. (2015). Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people. Calico Publishing. ASIN: B0118NVEBG
- Vallings, Rosamund. (2013). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome M.E.: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Management. Calico Publishing Ltd. ASIN: B00DVX59DQ