Peter C. Rowe, MD, is the director of the John Hopkins Children's Center for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, and a professor of Pediatrics at John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 
As a leader in the field of pediatric myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), Dr Rowe is invited as a frequent guest at ME/CFS conferences, was invited as one of the experts on the "Committee on the Diagnostic Criteria for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" that was convened for the 2015 Institute of Medicine report., and serves on the Solve ME/CFS Initiative Research Advisory Council.
He lists his fields of expertise as: Adolescent Medicine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, General Pediatrics, Orthostatic Intolerance, Pediatrics and his research interests as: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Fibromyalgia; Elhers-Danlos Syndrome; Orthostatic intolerance syndromes; Gulf War Illness; and Pelvic congestion syndrome.
- 2014, Research Award, awarded by International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
- Johns Hopkins Pediatrics
- Appointment Phone: 410-955-9229
- 200 N. Wolfe Street
- Rubenstein Child Health Building
- Baltimore, MD 21287
- For information on requesting an appointment: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/profiles/results/directory/profile/0002651/peter-rowe
- Rowe, PC; Fontaine, KR; Lauver, M; Jasion, SE; Marden, CL; Moni, M; Thompson, CB; Violand, RL (18 July 2016), "Neuromuscular Strain Increases Symptom Intensity in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", PLOS One, PMID 27428358, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0159386
- Ross, A. J.; Medow, M. S.; Rowe, P. C.; Stewart, J. M. (2013), "What is brain fog? An evaluation of the symptom in postural tachycardia syndrome.", Clinical Autonomic Research : Official Journal of the Clinical Autonomic Research Society, 23 (6): 305–311, doi:10.1007/s10286-013-0212-z
Medscape Continuing Medicine Education
- 2013, A Case-Based Approach to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was a Medscape Continuing Medicine Education program co-authored by Dr Lisa Corbin, Dr Anthony Komaroff, Dr Benjamin Natelson, and Dr Peter Rowe.
- Mar 17, 2017, " A Clinical Approach to ME/CFS in Adolescent and Young Adults: A Practical Primer"
- Jul 16, 2015, "Inducing Post-Exertional Malaise in ME/CFS: A Look at the Research Evidence"
Talks and Interviews
- 2016, 12th International IACFS/ME Biennial Clinical and Research Conference, Emerging Science and Clinical Care, Diagnosing and Treating Orthostatic Intolerance
- 2000 Documentary, I Remember Me, directed by Kim A. Snyder