XMRV[edit | edit source]
Dr Mikovits led the team that published a paper suggesting a connection between the XMRV retrovirus and ME/CFS. The XMRV paper was later retracted in 2011. Dr. Mikovits participated in a large study in 2012 that indicated that there was no association between Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and either Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus or Polytropic Murine Leukemia Virus.
Arrest & lawsuit[edit | edit source]
Mikovits was fired from the WPI in 2011. After her departure there was a legal dispute, involving her arrest, with the WPI. Dr Mikovits' case against her critics was dismissed in February 2016.
Book - The Plague[edit | edit source]
In 2014 Dr Mikovits published a book called Plague about her experiences and research.
Talks & interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2016, Dr Judy Mikovits "We Are Carrying Potentially Deadly Retroviruses We Acquired Through Vaccination!"
- 14 Dec 2015,Global Freedom Movement presents - Dr. Judy Mikovits Phd
- 22 Nov 2015, Interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits, PhD
- 01 Mar 2015, Spoonie Radio Episode 08 Guest - Dr. Judy Mikovits Part II - Podcast and Full Text Transcript
- 04 Feb 2015, Spoonie Radio Episode 07 Guest - Dr. Judy Mikovits Part I - Podcast and Full Text Transcript
- 2011, Speaker at the 6th Invest in ME International ME Conference on Implications of XMRV Research for ME/CFS DVD available
- 2010, Speaker at the 5th Invest in ME International ME Conference on Implications of XMRV Research for ME/CFS DVD available
- 2009, Speaker at the 4th Invest in ME International ME Conference on How Sub Grouping will affect research strategies DVD available
- 2008, Speaker at the 3th Invest in ME International ME Conference on How Sub Grouping will affect research strategies DVD available
Notable studies in ME/CFS[edit | edit source]
- 2012, A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, clinical trial of the TLR-3 agonist rintatolimod in severe cases of chronic fatigue syndrome (Full Text)
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Carruthers, BM; van de Sande, MI; De Meirleir, KL; Klimas, NG; Broderick, G; Mitchell, T; Staines, D; Powles, A C P; Speight, N; Vallings, R; Bateman, L; Baumgarten-Austrheim, B; Bell, DS; Carlo-Stella, N; Chia, J; Darragh, A; Jo, D; Lewis, D; Light, A; Marshall-Gradisnik, S; Mena, I; Mikovits, JA; Miwa, K; Murovska, M; Pall, ML; Stevens, S (2011), "Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Consensus Criteria.", Journal of Internal Medicine, 270 (4): 327-38, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2796.2011.02428.x, PMID 21777306
- "Detection of an Infectious Retrovirus, XMRV, in Blood Cells of Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
- Retraction Watch Tracking retractions as a window into the scientific process Chronic fatigue syndrome-XMRV paper retracted by Science, completely this time
- Alter, Harvey J.; Mikovits, Judy A.; Switzer, William M.; Ruscetti, Francis W.; Lo, Shyh-Ching; Klimas, Nancy; Komaroff, Anthony L.; Montoya, Jose G.; Bateman, Lucinda; Levine, Susan; Peterson, Daniel; Levin, Bruce; Hanson, Maureen R.; Genfi, Afia; Bhat, Meera; Zheng, HaoQiang; Wang, Richard; Li, Bingjie; Hung, Guo-Chiuan; Lee, Li Ling; Sameroff, Stephen; Heneine, Walid; Coffin, John; Hornig, Mady; Lipkin, W. Ian (2012), "A Multicenter Blinded Analysis Indicates No Association between Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and either Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus or Polytropic Murine Leukemia Virus", mBio, 3 (5): e00266–12, doi:10.1128/mBio.00266-12
- "Scientist Who Led XMRV Research Team Let Go"
- "Controversial CFS Researcher Arrested and Jailed"
- Judy Anne Mikovits v. Adam Garcia et al
- Tracking retractions as a window into the scientific process - Court dismisses lawsuit by XMRV-chronic fatigue syndrome researcher