This article is a stub. Please help improve this page if you can.
NT Factor or NTFactor or NT Factor™ (NTF) is a glycophospholipid nutritional supplement that aims to restore mitochondrial function. NT Factor is a trademark of Nutritional Therapeutics Inc.
NT Factor is a purified soy extract consisting only of food and food components including:
- Phosphoglycolipids (polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine, glycolipids and other polyunsaturated phosphatidyl nutrients)
- the probiotics bifidobacterium bifidum and lactobaccillus bacteria
- growth factors and food including rice bran extract, arginine, beet root fiber, black strap molasses, glycine, magnesium sulfate, para-amino benzoate, leek, pantethine, taurine, garlic, calcium borogluconate, potassium citrate, spirulina, bromelain, natural vitamin E, calcium ascorbate, alpha lipoic acid, oligosaccharides, |vitamin B6, niacinamide, riboflavin, vitamin B12, folic acid, inositol, calcium pantotenate, chromium picolinate)
Evidence[edit | edit source]
NTFactor was been shown to reduce moderately severe fatigue in a clinical trial of elderly people.
Safety and risks[edit | edit source]
Costs and availability[edit | edit source]
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2003, Nutritional Supplement (NT Factor™) Restores Mitochondrial Function and Reduces Moderately Severe Fatigue in Aged Subjects(Abstract)
- 2014, Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Chronic Disease: Treatment With Natural Supplements
- 2014, Lipid Replacement Therapy: a natural medicine approach to replacing damaged lipids in cellular membranes and organelles and restoring function
Articles and blogs[edit | edit source]
- Dietary Supplement Healthy Curb For Reducing Weight, Girth, Body Mass, Appetite And Fatigue While Improving Blood Lipid Values With NTFactor Lipid Replacement Therapy
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Lipid replacement therapy
- Mitochondria dysfunction
- Membrane lipid replacement
- Garth Nicolson
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ 1.01.11.2 Agadjanyan, Michael; Vasilevko, Vitaley; Ghochikyan, Anahit; Berns, Paul; Kesslak, Patrick; Settineri, Robert A.; Nicolson, Garth L. (2003). "Nutritional Supplement (NT Factor™) Restores Mitochondrial Function and Reduces Moderately Severe Fatigue in Aged Subjects". Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 11 (3): 23–36.
- ↑ "NT Factor (with B Vitamins) Advanced Physician's Formula - 150 Tablets - Nutritional Therapeutics". Vitality Vitamins Ltd. Retrieved October 5, 2020.
- ↑ Nicolson, Garth L.; Ellithrope, Rita; Settineri, Robert (2003), "Dietary Supplement Healthy Curb For Reducing Weight, Girth, Body Mass, Appetite And Fatigue While Improving Blood Lipid Values With NTFactor Lipid Replacement Therapy" (PDF), Journal of IiME, 3 (2)
mitochondria Important parts of the biological cell, with each mitochondrion encased within a mitochondrial membrane. Mitochondria are best known for their role in energy production, earning them the nickname "the powerhouse of the cell". Mitochondria also participate in the detection of threats and the response to these threats. One of the responses to threats orchestrated by mitochondria is apoptosis, a cell suicide program used by cells when the threat can not be eliminated.
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.