Bug in template[new][edit source][reply]
This template attempts to categorize stub pages by the date the stub template was added to the page. Instead, it categorizes it by the date of the most recent revision, not the date the stub template was added. Therefore, the categories can change every single time the page is updated! I just made a minor change to the page 25pillsaday and it suddenly jumped from Category:2017 stubs to Category:2019 stubs. User:Notjusttired Are you aware of this?
Pyrrhus (talk) 22:22, September 9, 2019 (EDT)
- By categorizing by revision date it shows which stubs have not been updated for longest, so it's helpful that way. Although it can be changed generally stubs aren't added with a date and I seem to remember that you can't find the date added to a category or the date a template is added later on. Previously we have no stub subcategories. If you know a way to change the date to pick up the date first added to a category / the date a template was added then feel free to change. notjusttired (talk) 17:00, September 10, 2019 (EDT)
- I see, thanks for clarifying User:Notjusttired! Perhaps we should change the category names to "Stub pages last edited in 2019", just to make it clear? Yeah, since the template is dynamically transcluded instead of statically substituted, the only way to specify the date the stub tag was added is to enter the date as a parameter to the template. Hmm. Maybe I'll add a collapsible list by stub date to Category:Stubs in case anyone wants to search by the date the stub tag was added...
- Pyrrhus (talk) 17:49, September 11, 2019 (EDT)
- Sounds like a good suggestion. The categories would need renaming of course. The main point here is have a way of subcategorizing stubs rather than a list of hundreds that all seem the same priority. Some of the oldest stubs are very unimportant and might be better just in a glossary so there did not seem much point categorizing by date the page was created. notjusttired (talk) 07:37, September 12, 2019 (EDT)
Recent changes[new][edit source][reply]
- puzzle piece image can be removed - just delete the value set for image =
- if the "check the talk page for ideas" line isn't helpful then delete the value in the note = part to get rid of it - a talk page message isn't displayed unless there is a talk page
- translations to different languages are done using Template:Stub text - if your language is missing or the message is wrong feel free to edit it