Myofascial pain syndrome
This article is a stub. Please help improve this page if you can.
Myofascial pain syndrome or MPS is a chronic pain disorder in which pressure on certain muscle trigger points (MTrPs) causes pain in the muscle plus pain elsewhere in the body. MPS pain is felt as muscle pain and soft tissue pain.
MPS condition that can be comorbid with ME/CFS, and may be confused with fibromyalgia.
Signs and symptoms[edit | edit source]
Possible signs and symptoms of MPS include:
- Deep, aching pain in a muscle
- Pain that persists or worsens
- A tender knot in a muscle
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain
Treatment[edit | edit source]
ME/CFS[edit | edit source]
Notable articles[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Differential diagnosis
- Myalgia (muscle pain)
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- MPS - Mayo clinic
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome - StatPearls Publishing
- MPS - American Society of Anesthesiologists
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ 1.01.1 "Myofascial Pain: Causes & Treatment". American Society of Anesthesia. Retrieved December 19, 2021.
- ↑ Stanos, Steven; Mogilevsky, Mila; Rader, Lynn; McLean, James; Baum, Allison (January 1, 2009). "Chapter 73 - PHYSICAL MEDICINE APPROACHES TO PAIN MANAGEMENT". In Smith, Howard S. (ed.). Current Therapy in Pain. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders. pp. 527–540. ISBN 978-1-4160-4836-7.
- ↑ Tantanatip, Anuphan; Chang, Ke-Vin (2021). Myofascial Pain Syndrome. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing. PMID 29763057.
- ↑ Carruthers, BM; van de Sande, MI; De Meirleir, KL; Klimas, NG; Broderick, G; Mitchell, T; Staines, D; Powles, ACP; Speight, N; Vallings, R; Bateman, L; Bell, DS; Carlo-Stella, N; Chia, J; Darragh, A; Gerken, A; Jo, D; Lewis, DP; Light, AR; Light, KC; Marshall-Gradisnik, S; McLaren-Howard, J; Mena, I; Miwa, K; Murovska, M; Stevens, SR (2012), Myalgic encephalomyelitis: Adult & Paediatric: International Consensus Primer for Medical Practitioners (PDF), ISBN 978-0-9739335-3-6
- ↑ https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/myofascial-pain-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20375444
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.