Gailen D. Marshall, Jr, MD, PhD, is the R. Faser Triplett Sr. MD Chair of Allergy and Immunology; Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics and Pathology; Vice Chair for Research; Director, Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy; and Chief, Laboratory of Behavioral Immunology Research at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi. He also serves as editor-in-chief of the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology journal.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee[edit | edit source]
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2005, Stress-associated changes in the steady state expression of latent Epstein-Barr Virus: Implications for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Cancer
- 2012, Minimum data elements for research reports on CFS. (Full Text)
- 2014, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Current Status and Future Potentials of Emerging Biomarkers(Full Text)
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- HHS.gov, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee Roster (PDF) (pdf)
- Glaser, R.; Padgett, D.A.; Litsky, M.L.; Baiocchi, R.A.; Yang, E.V.; Che, M.; Yeh, P-E.; Klimas, N.G.; Marshall, G.D.; Whiteside, T.; Herberman, R.; Kiecolt-Glaser, J.K.; Williams, M.V. (2005), "Stress-associated changes in the steady state expression of latent Epstein-Barr Virus: Implications for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Cancer", Brain, Behavior and Immunity, 19 (2): 91-103, doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2004.09.001, PMID 15664781
- Jason, LA; Unger, ER; Dimitrakoff, JD; Fagin, AP; Houghton, M; Cook, DB; Marshall, GD, Jr; Klimas, N; Snell, C (2012), "Minimum data elements for research reports on CFS", Brain, Behavior, Immunology, 26 (3): 401-6, doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2012.01.014, PMID 22306456
- Fischer, David B.; William, Arsani H.; Strauss, Adam C.; Unger, Elizabeth R.; Jason, Leonard; Marshall, Jr, Gailen D.; Dimitrakoff, Jordan D. (2014), "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Current Status and Future Potentials of Emerging Biomarkers", Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 2 (2): 93-109, doi:10.1080/21641846.2014.906066
Chronic fatigue syndrome advisory committee (CFSAC) - (sometimes pronounced SIF-SACK) A US government advisory council that met twice per year, covering current topics related to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Meetings usually lasted for two days and the results were presented to the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). After 15 years, on September 5, 2018, CFSAC's charter was not renewed by the Department of HHS, effectively dissolving the committee without notice or warning.