Functional magnetic resonance imaging
Theory[edit | edit source]
ME/CFS fMRI evidence[edit | edit source]
- 2014, Brains of People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Offer Clues About Disorder
- 2018, Brain function characteristics of chronic fatigue syndrome: A task fMRI study
Cost and availability[edit | edit source]
Specialized training is necessary to operate an fMRI and at this time are rarely used outside of research settings. However, it has a "small but growing role in clinical neuroimaging. It is used in pre-surgical planning to localise brain function."
Commercial use[edit | edit source]
Two companies in North America have set up lie detection services and several neuromarketing companies are using fMRI "to gain insights into consumer thought and behaviour."
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- How does fMRI brain scanning work? Alan Alda and Dr. Nancy Kanwisher, MIT
- Marketers Should Pay Attention to fMRI
References[edit | edit source]
- "Brain function characteristics of chronic fatigue syndrome: A task fMRI study". NeuroImage: Clinical. 19: 279–286. Jan 1, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.nicl.2018.04.025. ISSN 2213-1582.
- Tuller, David (Nov 24, 2014), "Brains of People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Offer Clues About Disorder", NY Times
- Zeineh, Michael M; Kang, James; Atlas, Scott W; et al. (Oct 29, 2014), "Right Arcuate Fasciculus Abnormality in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", Radiology, 274 (2): 517–526, doi:10.1148/radiol.14141079
- Goldman, Bruce (Oct 28, 2014), "Study finds brain abnormalities in chronic fatigue patients", Stanford Medicine News Center
- "fMRI: Billing". fmri.research.umich.edu. Retrieved Oct 12, 2018.
- Bobholz, Julie A.; Rao, Stephen M.; Saykin, Andrew J.; Pliskin, Neil (2007). "Clinical Use of Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Reflections on the New CPT Codes". Neuropsychology review. 17 (2): 189–191. doi:10.1007/s11065-007-9022-1. ISSN 1040-7308. PMID 17464565.
- Pressman, Peter (Oct 1, 2018). "How Does a Functional MRI Machine Work?". Verywell Health. Retrieved Oct 12, 2018.
- "How is FMRI Used? — Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences". www.ndcn.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved Oct 12, 2018.
- Herzberg, Mikio (Jul 30, 2015). "fMRI - How it Works and What it's Good For". YouTube. Mikio Herzberg.
- Alda, Alan; Kanwisher, Nancy (Jul 22, 2013). "How does fMRI brain scanning work? Alan Alda and Dr. Nancy Kanwisher, MIT". YouTube. Brains on Trial.
- Karmarkar, Uma R.; Yoon, Carolyn; Plassmann, Hilke (Nov 3, 2015). "Marketers Should Pay Attention to fMRI". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved Oct 12, 2018.