Donna Felsenstein, M.D., is an Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease physician who practices at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, US and is a Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). She serves as a member of the scientific team with the Open Medicine Foundation. Since 1979, she has been diagnosing and caring for patients with ME/CFS. Her listed specialities include Lyme disease, Infectious diseases, and Herpes simplex virus.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2010, Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus prevalence in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome or chronic immunomodulatory conditions - (Full text)
- 2015, Distinct plasma immune signatures in ME/CFS are present early in the course of illness - (Full text)
- 2015, Findings from a clinical and laboratory database developed for discovery of pathogenic mechanisms in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome - (Abstract)
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114
Phone: (617) 726-3812
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 8 June 2019, Clinician Panel Discussion on ME/CFS, given at the Inaugural Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration Symposium sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation
- 17 November 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quUTD4v-9lc&t=9s&ab_channel=MassMECFS%26FM, Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association http://www.massmecfs.org/ and Open Medicine Foundation Fall 2020 Event on Zoom
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Donna Felsenstein, MD - Infectious Diseases - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA". massgeneral.org. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Harvard, funded by OMF". Open Medicine Foundation. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- Henrich, Timothy J.; Li, Jonathan Z.; Felsenstein, Donna; Kotton, Camille N.; Plenge, Robert M.; Pereyra, Florencia; Marty, Francisco M.; Lin, Nina H.; Grazioso, Paul (November 15, 2010). "Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus–Related Virus Prevalence in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Chronic Immunomodulatory Conditions". The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 202 (10): 1478–1481. doi:10.1086/657168. ISSN 0022-1899. PMC 2957553. PMID 20936980.
- Hornig, M; Montoya, JG; Klimas, NG; Levine, SM; Felsenstein, D; Bateman, L; Peterson, DL; Gottschalk, CG; Schultz, AF; Che, X; Eddy, ML; Komaroff, AL; Lipkin, WI (2015). "Distinct plasma immune signatures in ME/CFS are present early in the course of illness". Science Advances. 1 (1). doi:10.1126/sciadv.1400121.
- Klimas, N.G.; Ironson, G.; Carter, A.; Balbin, E.; Bateman, L.; Felsenstein, D.; Levine, S.; Peterson, D.; Chiu, K.; Allen, A.; Cunningham, K.; Gottschalk, C.G.; Fletcher, M; Hornig, M.; Canning, C.; Komaroff, A.L. (2015), "Findings from a clinical and laboratory database developed for discovery of pathogenic mechanisms in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome", Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 3 (2): 75-96, doi:10.1080/21641846.2015.1023652