Derek Enlander, MD, is an Internist specializing in ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, and Lyme disease. Though originally from Belfast in Northern Ireland (UK), he now works in New York City, New York, United States. He is a clinical instructor at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and leads the CFS Center at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. Committed to introducing the next generation of doctors to the best training in ME/CFS, he frequently has medical students and interns shadow him in his office.
Advocacy[edit | edit source]
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. In 2016, Dr. Enlander, along with 41 colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
- 1035 Fifth Ave, New York City, New York, US
- (212) 794-2000
- He frequently visits Belfast, Dublin and England in order to see patients in all these locations.
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2011, MECFS Alert Episode 1 Part 1 - Welcome to MECFS Alert
- 2011, MECFS Alert Episode 1 Part 2 - Interview with Dr. Derek Enlander
- Oct 2015, Second Opinion TV Show - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- 2016, MECFS Alert Episode 77 - Dr. Derek Enlander
There are more talks by Doctor Enlander on YouTube.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2008, Gene Expression Subtypes in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - (Full Text)
- 2010, Antibody to parvovirus B19 nonstructural protein is associated with chronic arthralgia in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis - (Full Text)
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia - Derek Enlander
- Comment on Institute of Medicine report (19 February 2015, see also Institute of Medicine report)
- Letter to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services CFS Advisory Committee (CFSAC).
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Youtube - Derek Enlander
- Kerr, Jonathan R; Petty, Robert; Burke, Beverley; Gough, John; Fear, David; Sinclair, Lindsey I; Mattey, Derek L; Richards, Selwyn C; Montgomery, Jane; Baldwin, Don A; Kellam, Paul; Harrison, Tim J; Griffin, George E; Main, Janice; Enlander, Derek; Nutt, David J; Holgate, Stephen T (Apr 15, 2008), "Gene Expression Subtypes in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis", The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 197 (8): 1171–1184, doi:10.1086/533453
- Kerr, J. R.; Gough, J.; Richards, S. C. M.; Main, J.; Enlander, D.; McCreary, M.; Komaroff, A. L.; Chia, J. K. (Apr 1, 2010). "Antibody to parvovirus B19 nonstructural protein is associated with chronic arthralgia in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis". Journal of General Virology. 91 (4): 893–897. doi:10.1099/vir.0.017590-0. ISSN 0022-1317.