I think that when the full details of the trial become known, it will be considered one of the biggest medical scandals of the 21st century.2 — Carol Monaghan MP, 'PACE Trial: People with ME, House of Commons Hansard Debate, Feb 20, 2018
Committees[edit | edit source]
Parliamentary debates and business[edit | edit source]Carol Monaghan MP has led three UK Parliamentary debates in Westminster.
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- May 21, 2018 - Interviewed on The ME Show by Gary Burgess about the Westminster Hall debate about the discredited Pace trial - Episode link
- Mar 25, 2019 - Interviewed on The ME Show by Gary Burgess about her continued political work for ME - Episode link
Awards[edit | edit source]
Prime Minister's Questions (PMQs)[edit | edit source]
On Wednesday 27 March 2019, Carol Monaghan MP asked the Prime Minister, Theresa May, about children with ME and the refusal of GET leading to child protection proceedings. The Prime Minster said she was not aware of the issue but would ask the responsible Minister to look into it .
Media[edit | edit source]
- Feb 20, 2018 - Carol Monaghan: The PACE trial and its impact on people living with ME
- Mar 28, 2018 - Trial By Error: A Q-and-A with Scottish MP Carol Monaghan
- Jun 18, 2018 - The House Parliament's Magazine 'Carol Monaghan: We must change perceptions of the debilitating illness ME'
- Jan 21, 2019 - Trial By Error: Carol Monaghan Scores Another Parliamentary Debate
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Scottish National Party (September 4, 2018). "Carol Monaghan". Scottish National Party. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Membership - Science and Technology Committee". UK Parliament. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "PACE Trial: People with ME - Hansard". hansard.parliament.uk. Volume 636. UK Parliament Hansard. February 20, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Monaghan, Carol; Morgan, Nicky; Hopkins, Kelvin; Pound, Steve (October 30, 2018). "Backbench Business Committee - EXTRACT". parliamentlive.tv. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Hansard (January 25, 2019). "Appropriate ME Treatment - UK Parliament". hansard.parliament.uk. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "The ME Show with Gary Burgess - Carol Monaghan". buzzsprout.com. May 21, 2018.
- "Carol Monaghan - MP for Glasgow North West". www.facebook.com. The House (Print). July 6, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018 – via FaceBook - Carol Monaghan - MP for Glasgow North West.
- Monaghan, Carol (March 27, 2019). "It is deeply disturbing that children who are extremely ill with #ME are being subjected to child protection proceedings. Watch my question to the PM on this issue.pic.twitter.com/h1aLXO02Na". @CMonaghanSNP. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Parliament Live TV, Parliament Live TV (February 20, 2018). "The PACE trial and its impact on people living with ME | Second parliament debate on the PACE trial". facebook.com. Carol Monaghan. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Carol Monaghan: We must change perceptions of the debilitating illness ME". PoliticsHome.com. The House. June 18, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
graded exercise therapy (GET) - A gradual increase in exercise or activity, according to a pre-defined plan. Focuses on overcoming the patient's alleged unhelpful illness beliefs that exertion can exacerbate symptoms, rather than on reversing physical deconditioning. Considered controversial, and possibly harmful, in the treatment or management of ME. One of the treatment arms of the controversial PACE trial.