Migraine elimination diets aim to restrict or eliminate migraine triggers found in food or drink.
Migraine trigger foods and drinks[edit | edit source]
- Histamine or histamine releasing foods
- Caffeine even decaffeinated (histamine)
- Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners
- Food coloring, especially FD&C yellow dye #5 and red dye #40
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) as an additive only, used as a flavor enhamcer
- Nitrites and nitrates: found in bacon, luncheon meats, smoked ham, and hot dogs
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.