Dr Michael BJ Beadsworth, also known as Mike Beadsworth, is a consultant in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Director Specialist and the Clinical Lead at the Royal Liverpool University's CFS/ME service in Liverpool, UK.
Professional memberships[edit | edit source]
- British Association for CFS/ME (BACME) - member of the BACME Executive (2018), gave the welcome address at the 2018 general meeting
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- This study found low levels of inflammation in some patients with ME/CFS. The study was partly funded by the ME Association
- This study found "compelling evidence" of the role of several cytokines/chemokines in the physiological and cognitive pathology in a group of patients with CFS.
- 2017 - Vitamin D status in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis: a cohort study from the North-West of England
- This study found that vitamin D deficiency was unreal to the fatigue experienced by patients with M.E./CFS in North West England, and that patients were more likely to take vitamin D supplements compared to healthy controls. Severely ill patients were not included in the study and patients were not involved in the study's design, implementation or interpretation of results.
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Pembroke Place Liverpool
L3 5QA UK
General: +44(0)151 705 3100
Well Travelled Clinic: 0151 705 3223
Fax: +44(0)151 705 3370
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- NICE (October 28, 2018). "Committee member list | NICE CG53 CFS/ME guidance update". nice.org.uk. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Royal College of Physicians (October 10, 2015). "Regional Advisors | Mersey". Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR CFS/ME (2018). "MINUTES OF GENERAL MEETING, LIVERPOOL 15TH March 2018, 12.30 P.M.".
- BACME (April 2018). "Changing Times". Twitter. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Earl, Kate; Sakellariou, Giorgos; Owens, Daniel; Sinclair, Melanie; Fenech, Manuel; Close, Graeme; Lawton, Clare; Dye, Louise; Beadsworth, Micheal (April 1, 2015). "The Role of Cytokines in Muscle Fatigue in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)". The FASEB Journal. 29 (1_supplement): 1055. doi:10.1096/fasebj.29.1_supplement.1055.34.
- McArdle, Anne; Gusnanto, Arief; Earl, Kate; Sakellariou, George; Lawton, Clare; Owens, Daniel; Close, Graeme; Beadsworth, Michael; Dye, Louise (April 1, 2017). "The role of IP-10 in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". The FASEB Journal. 31 (1_supplement): lb789. doi:10.1096/fasebj.31.1_supplement.lb789.
- Earl, Kate E.; Sakellariou, Giorgos K.; Sinclair, Melanie; Fenech, Manuel; Croden, Fiona; Owens, Daniel J.; Tang, Jonathan; Miller, Alastair; Lawton, Clare (November 1, 2017). "Vitamin D status in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis: a cohort study from the North-West of England". BMJ Open. 7 (11): e015296. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-015296. ISSN 2044-6055. PMID 29118054.