The 2019-2021 coronavirus pandemic has led to hundreds of thousands developing COVID-19, a significant number of these continue to have symptoms many weeks or months later, known as long COVID, also known as Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC).
These "long haulers" come from many different walks of life, ages, and races, including people without pre-existing conditions who had mild COVID-19.
Actors, musicians and artists[edit | edit source]
| Lena Dunham
|| Dunham caught COVID-19 in March 2020, improving but still had long COVID symptoms in September 2020.|
| Billy Eilish
|| British (English)
|| Eilish was ill with COVID-19 for two months and was continuing to have symptoms in Dec 2921.|
| Marianne Faithfull
|| Singer and actor
|| British (English)
|| Faithfull caught COVID-19 in April 2020, and still had long COVID in June 2021|
| Salma Hayek
|| Hayek almost died from COVID-19 and went back to filming while still suffering from some lingering fatigue|
| Alyssa Milano
|| Actor, singer, producer and author
|| Diagnosed with COVID-19 in April, needed hospital treatment in August|
| Emma Samms
|| Caught COVID-19 in March, was still ill in September|
Athletes and sports personalities[edit | edit source]
| Oonagh Cousins
|| After 7 months with Long COVID, Oonagh was steadily improving but unable to train, with symptoms including fatigue and brain fog. She said "On the worst days you struggle to walk or cook a meal or compose an email... As time goes on, you are more able to see friends or go for a short jog."|
"On the worst days you wake up, and you're like, 'I can't wait until it's night time again'.
| Grigor Dimitrov
|| Tennis player
|| Dimitrov described being almost recovered after four months "I feel way, way better - I don't even take naps any more or anything like that."|
|| Baseball pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, now with Detroit Tigers
|| Developed fatigue and myocarditis after COVID-19, and was unable to play for the rest of 2020|
| Michael Ojo
|| Basketball player
|| Died aged 27 during training in Serbia as a result of heart-related complications. Ojo had appeared to have recovered from COVID-19 rather than having the recurring or persistent symptoms that long-haulers describe.|
| Jonny Walton
|| Walton described his early symptoms as: "My heart rate was massively up. We do do a lot of altitude training but it was like being at altitude and having to breathe through a straw... We got on the rowing machine and it appeared that my physiology had just gone overnight, and just kind of fallen off a cliff". He is now back in training and fully recovered.|
TV presenters, Authors, journalists and writers[edit | edit source]
|| TV presenter/media personality
|| Caught COVID-19 in April, and was still ill three months later|
| Antony Loveless
|| Military author and former war correspondent
|| Long covid left him partner disabled, struggling to walk, and "robbed of normal life", along with his partner. Loveless developed neutropenia, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), and chronic "covid tongue", and partner Claire Hooper developed type II diabetes, severe difficulty walking, and high blood pressure.|
| Michelle Mone
|| Baroness and politician
|| Mone reported that long COVID left her breathless and losing weight.|
| Carol Voderman
|| TV presenter and author
|| Struggled to walk more than 100 yards for three months.|
| Andrew Gwynne MP
|| Caught COVID-19 in March 2020, still ill and walking very slowly 6 months later|
Well-known scientists and academics[edit | edit source]
| Jazmin Grimaldi
||Daughter of Monaco's Prince Albert II
|| Re-hospitalized with COVID-19 a month after her first hospitalization|
- ↑ Denham, Lena (March 2020). "Update". Instagram.
- ↑ Snapes, Laura (December 14, 2021). "Billie Eilish: I would have died from Covid-19 if I hadn't been vaccinated". The Guardian.
- ↑ McCormick, Neil (April 24, 2021). "Marianne Faithfull: 'I may never sing again'". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved June 29, 2021.
- ↑ Malkin, Marc (May 19, 2021). "Salma Hayek on 'Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard,' 'Eternals' and Her Secret Near-Fatal Battle With COVID". Variety.
Hayek knows about healing. She spent the better part of the past year recovering from a near fatal case of COVID-19, a fact she chose to keep quiet until now. During an interview over Zoom, she reveals that she battled the virus in the early days of the pandemic...
Hayek spent about seven weeks isolated in a room of the house. At one point, she was put on oxygen. She still hasn’t fully regained the energy she once had.
However, she returned to work in April to shoot Ridley Scott’s “House of Gucci,” in which she plays a clairvoyant who was convicted of helping Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga) orchestrate the 1995 killing of her ex-husband Maurizio Gucci (Adam Driver), an heir to the Gucci fashion empire. “It was not a lot of time,” Hayek says. “It was easy. It was the perfect job to just get back into it. I had started doing Zooms at one point, but I could only do so many because I would get so tired.”
- ↑ @Alyssa Milano (September 2020). "Alyssa Milano status" (Tweet). Retrieved September 23, 2020 – via Twitter.
- ↑ Mazziotta, Julie (May 25, 2021). "Alyssa Milano Says Long-Haul COVID Has 'Impacted Every Part of My Health'". People.
- ↑ "Dynasty Star Emma Samms Details Her Months-Long COVID-19 Symptoms, Like 'Panic-Inducing' Fatigue". People. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- ↑ Falkingham, Katie (November 4, 2020). "Long Covid: Oonagh Cousins, GB rower, on the effects". BBC Sport.
- ↑ 9.09.1 Scott, Laura (November 13, 2020). "'Long covid': Grigor Dimitrov on still suffering from coronavirus symptoms". BBC Sport.
- ↑ Morley, John E. (October 5, 2020). "COVID-19 — The Long Road to Recovery". The journal of nutrition, health & aging. doi:10.1007/s12603-020-1473-6. ISSN 1760-4788. PMC 7533666.
- ↑ Gleeson, Scott. "Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez cleared for physical activity after COVID-related heart issue". USA TODAY. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- ↑ "Former Florida State center Michael Ojo dies after collapsing during training at age 27". CBS news. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- ↑ "Chris Cuomo Is Still Fighting Lingering COVID-19 Effects". YouTube. July 15, 2020.
- ↑ Boniface, Susie (December 6, 2021). "Man 'robbed of normal life' by Long Covid after falling ill with virus alongside partner". The Mirror.
- ↑ "These are the forgotten victims of Covid. Think about them when you moan about Plan B". The Mirror. December 10, 2021.
- ↑ Hacon, Carly (June 15, 2021). "Michelle Mone drops another 1.5 stone after Covid battle and shows off results". The Mirror.
- ↑ Lewis, Isobel (June 14, 2021). "Carol Vorderman says she 'couldn't walk 100 yards' for three months after catching long Covid". The Independent.
- ↑ "The rise of the "long haulers": how long does Covid-19 last in patients?". New Statesman. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- ↑ "Jazmin Grimaldi was hospitalised again for worsening COVID-19 symptoms". International Business Times UK. August 20, 2020. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.