Joseph H. Brewer, MD, is an infectious disease doctor with a interest in the effect of mycotoxins from mold on chronic illness. His patients include those with HIV/AIDS, Lyme disease, ME/CFS, and mold toxicity.
Dr. Brewer was science advisor to the Whittemore Peterson Institute and co-authored his mold and chronic fatigue syndrome paper with Dr. Jack Thrasher. All of whom were fully educated about Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker's work and "Mold at Ground Zero for CFS".
There was no particular reason to express mold + CFS as a speculative relationship when they had full knowledge that the connection was made physical and tangible by the documented presence of stachybotrys chartarum (black mold) in the clusters of mystery malady that baffled the CDC into creating the CFS syndrome.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2001, Hypercoaguable State Associated with Active Human Herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) Viremia in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - (Abstract)
- 2013, Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - (Full text)
- 2014, Chronic illness associated with mold and mycotoxins: is naso-sinus fungal biofilm the culprit?(Full text)
- 2015, Intranasal antifungal therapy in patients with chronic illness associated with mold and mycotoxins: An observational analysis - (Full text)
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
- Kansas City, Missouri
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2014, "Mold Toxicity: An Important Unrecognized Cause of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue: New Research with Dr. Joseph Brewer" on Voice America Health and Wellness channel/The Cutting Edge of Health and Wellness Today
- 2014, Is Chronic Fatigue just undiagnosed mold infection? Interview with Dr. Joe Brewer by Dr. Ed Park (Part 1) (Part 2)
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Brewer, Joseph H.; Berg, David (Jan 2001). "Hypercoaguable State Associated with Active Human Herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) Viremia in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 8 (3-4): 111–116. doi:10.1300/J092v08n03_10. ISSN 1057-3321.
- Brewer, Joseph; Thrasher, Jack; Straus, David; Madison, Roberta; Hooper, Dennis (Apr 11, 2013). "Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". Toxins. 5 (4): 605–617. doi:10.3390/toxins5040605. ISSN 2072-6651. PMC . PMID 23580077.
- Brewer, Joseph; Thrasher, Jack; Hooper, Dennis (Dec 24, 2013). "Chronic Illness Associated with Mold and Mycotoxins: Is Naso-Sinus Fungal Biofilm the Culprit?". Toxins. 6 (1): 66–80. doi:10.3390/toxins6010066. ISSN 2072-6651. PMC . PMID 24368325.
- Brewer, Joseph H; Hooper, Dennis; Muralidhar, Shalini (2015). Global Journal of Medical Research. Global Journals Incorporated. doi:10.17406/gjmrkvol15is5pg33.
mycotoxin "a poisonous substance produced by a fungus and especially a mold"
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a U.S. government agency dedicated to epidemiology and public health. It operates under the auspices of the Department of Health and Human Services.