Greg Crowhurst is a nurse, musician, author and ME/CFS activist who resides in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He is the full-time carer for his wife, Linda Crowhurst, who lives with very severe myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME).
Crowhurst authored several books related to ME, many which aim to assist the carers of people with ME.
Awards[edit | edit source]
Writings and videos[edit | edit source]
- May 10, 2007, Hope for a Better Moment by Linda Crowhurst (Video) This may be the original video that had been posted on October 12, 2006.
- Jul 25, 2012, On the May12th.org guest blog, Greg discusses his wife's illness, caring for her, and his advocacy.
- “I broke the silence on October 12, 2006; that day I believe we were the first to raise awareness on YouTube of the incredibly serious nature of Severe ME."
Books[edit | edit source]
- 2006, Beyond Normal Prayer: The Redemptive Power of Suffering
- 2013, Severe ME - Featuring: "Justice for Karina Hansen"
- 2013, Unstoppable Spirit
- 2015, Severe ME: Notes for Carers
- 2017, Living in the Heart of Love
- 2018, Caring for ME
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Crowhurst, Greg. "Greg Crowhurst: Author, Musician, Activist". stonebird.co.uk. Retrieved Aug 10, 2018.
- Crowhurst, Greg. "The Story". stonebird.co.uk. Retrieved Aug 10, 2018.
- "Full-time carer wins award at 'Nurse of the Year' ceremony | 25 March 2015". www.meassociation.org.uk. Retrieved Aug 10, 2018.
- Burch, Sally (Mar 21, 2015). "Just ME: Congratulations Greg! BJN Nurse of Year: 3rd Place". Just ME. Retrieved Aug 10, 2018.
- Crowhurst, Linda (May 10, 2007). "Hope for a Better Moment by Linda Crowhurst". YouTube. Greg Crowhurst.
- "Guest Blog by Greg Crowhurst – Stonebird: Breaking the Silence | May 12th International Awareness Day". May 12th International Awareness Day. Jul 25, 2015. Retrieved Aug 10, 2018.
- Crowhurst, Greg (2006). Beyond Normal Prayer: The Redemptive Power of Suffering. London: St Pauls. ISBN 9780854397174.
- Crowhurst, Greg (Apr 2, 2013). Unstoppable Spirit. ISBN 9781291367065.
- Crowhurst, Greg (Oct 8, 2017). Living in the Heart of Love. Holy Way.
- "The ME Show with Gary Burgess - Greg Crowhurst". buzzsprout.com. Jun 25, 2018.
myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) - A disease often marked by neurological symptoms, but fatigue is sometimes a symptom as well. Some diagnostic criteria distinguish it from chronic fatigue syndrome, while other diagnostic criteria consider it to be a synonym for chronic fatigue syndrome. A defining characteristic of ME is post-exertional malaise (PEM), or post-exertional neuroimmune exhaustion (PENE), which is a notable exacerbation of symptoms brought on by small exertions. PEM can last for days or weeks. Symptoms can include cognitive impairments, muscle pain (myalgia), trouble remaining upright (orthostatic intolerance), sleep abnormalities, and gastro-intestinal impairments, among others. An estimated 25% of those suffering from ME are housebound or bedbound. The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies ME as a neurological disease.