David M. Patrick, MD, FRCPC, MHSc, Infectious Disease physician and epidemiologist. Professor at University of British Columbia, School of Population and Public Health, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
ME/CFS Common Data Element (CDE) Project[edit | edit source]
Member of the Biomarkers Working Group of the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Common Data Element (CDE) Project sponsored by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This working group reviewed data collection instruments widely used by investigators in the ME/CFS field, and either recommended their use unchanged or (more often) proposed some modifications.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2015, Brain-derived neurotrophic factor concentration may not be depressed in chronic fatigue syndrome (Abstract)
- 2019, Whole blood human transcriptome and virome analysis of ME/CFS patients experiencing post-exertional malaise following cardiopulmonary exercise testing (Full text)
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2016, CFS/ME Research Collaborative Conference - speech title: Researching a Syndrome: Findings from the UBC Complex Chronic Disease Study Group part one part two
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Complete Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CDE Roster". NIH. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- Patrick,D. M., Miller, R. R., Steiner, T., Gardy, J. L., Parker, S. M., & Tang, P. (2015). Brain-derived neurotrophic factor concentration may not be depressed in chronic fatigue syndrome. Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 3 (2), 122-125. doi:10.1080/21641846.2015.1024004
- Bouquet, Jerome; Li, Tony; Gardy, Jennifer L.; Kang, Xiaoying; Stevens, Staci; Stevens, Jared; VanNess, Mark; Snell, Christopher; Potts, James; Miller, Ruth R.; Morshed, Muhammad; McCabe, Mark; Parker, Shoshana; Uyaguari, Miguel; Tang, Patrick; Steiner, Theodore; Chan, Wee-Shian; De Souza, Astrid-Marie; Mattman, Andre; Patrick, David M.; Chiu, Charles Y. (March 21, 2019). "Whole blood human transcriptome and virome analysis of ME/CFS patients experiencing post-exertional malaise following cardiopulmonary exercise testing". PLOS ONE. 14 (3): e0212193. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0212193. ISSN 1932-6203. PMID 30897114.