Lisa F. Barcellos, PhD, MPH, Professor of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, University of California, Berkeley, California.
Research interests[edit | edit source]
Research interests as per the UC Berkeley School of Public Health bio page:
- Genetic epidemiology of complex diseases
- Identification of genetic and environmental risk factors for multiple sclerosis
- Genetic variation in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and autoimmune disease
- Maternal-child histocompatibility and risk of autoimmune disease
- Epigenetic contributions to autoimmune disease risk
- Application of causal inference methods to autoimmune disease studies
Open letter to The Lancet[edit | edit source]
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. In 2016, Dr. Barcellos, along with 41 colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog