This category contains articles about H1 antihistamines.
Please create these pages[edit | edit source]
You can add page requests here. Remove any blue links that have already been created.
First Generation H1 Antihistamines
Second Generation H1 Antihistamines (tend to cause less drowsiness)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
- Desloratidine - (Clarinex, Xyzal)
- Famotidine (Pepcid)
- Fexofenadine (Allegra)
- Ketotifen (Zaditor/Zaditen (in Europe)
- Zaditor is only available in the US as eye drops;
- Zaditen is available by prescription, but it must be obtained from a compounding pharmacy or from abroad.
- Cyproheptadine - seratonin and histamine antagonist
Please expand these stub pages[edit | edit source]
antagonist A chemical that reduces or helps block the activity of another chemical in the body. For example, most antihistamines are H1 antagonists because they block the H1 histamine receptor, which helps relieve allergy symptoms. The opposite of an agonist.