Bateman Horne Center
The Bateman Horne Center of Excellence (BHC) is an ME/CFS and fibromyalgia treatment and research group formed in 2015 as a nonprofit organization in Salt Lake City, Utah in the United States. It is led by Lucinda Bateman, MD, Founder and Chief Medical Officer, and Suzanne Vernon, PhD, Research Liaison.
Mission statement[edit | edit source]
"We envision a world where patients with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia are readily diagnosed, effectively treated, and widely met with empathy and understanding. We work to Empower Patients, Advance Research, and Improve Clinical Care for all those impacted by ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia"
Aims[edit | edit source]
- Advancing Research
- Improving Medical Care
- Empowering Patients
Funding[edit | edit source]
Bateman Horne Center is a 501(c)3 Organization which accepts donations.
Clinic address[edit | edit source]
- 24 South 1100 East, Suite 205, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Phone - (801)359-7400
Research participation[edit | edit source]
ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia[edit | edit source]
Notable people[edit | edit source]
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
CT38 clinical trial[edit | edit source]
- 2021, Acute Corticotropin-Releasing Factor Receptor Type 2 Agonism Results in Sustained Symptom Improvement in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Full text)
History[edit | edit source]
Formerly it was called the Fatigue Consultation Clinic (FCC) and the Organization for Fatigue & Fibromyalgia Education & Research (OFFER).
Precision Medicine Initiative[edit | edit source]
On June 20, 2018, the Bateman Horne Center announced it will be an "All of Us" recruitment center for people living with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. All of Us is a ten year Precision Medicine Initiative project that has been funded $1.5 Billion to recruit one million patients for its bio-bank. The idea is to research all diseases, from the most common to the most rare while taking into account lifestyle, environment, and biology.
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2016, Video tour of the NEW Bateman Horne Center of Excellence
- 2016, Simple But Effective Tools for Management of ME/CFS and FM - Lucinda Bateman, MD
- 2016, Precision Medicine for ME/CFS & FM - Suzanne Vernon, PhD
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- 2016, NIH Charting Its Course for ME/CFS
- 2016, BHC Collaborates on NIH Funded Study to Identify ME/CFS Antibody Biomarkers
References[edit | edit source]
- "Bateman Horne Center". Bateman Horne Center. Retrieved November 20, 2021.
- "About | Bateman Horne Center". Facebook. Retrieved November 20, 2021.
- Pereira, Gerard; Gillies, Hunter; Chanda, Sanjay; Corbett, Michael; Vernon, Suzanne D.; Milani, Tina; Bateman, Lucinda (2021). "Acute Corticotropin-Releasing Factor Receptor Type 2 Agonism Results in Sustained Symptom Improvement in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. 15: 84. doi:10.3389/fnsys.2021.698240. ISSN 1662-5137. PMC 8441022. PMID 34539356.
- Bateman Horne Center - Jun 20, 2018
- All of Us - NIH.gov