Annette Whittemore has a strong devotion to ME research and finding a cure because she is the devoted mother of a daughter, Andrea Whittemore-Goad, who has been sick with ME since she was a pre-teen.
According to Ms. Whittemore's Linkedin page, her commitment to helping her daughter and others with similar illnesses is well documented: "1989 Began the search for knowledge and treatment for a young daughter's serious illness.
- 2001: Co-sponsored a CFS Think Tank for physicians and allied health professionals in Reno, Nevada.
- 2003: Supported amended Assembly Bill 502 in the Nevada State legislature requiring insurance companies in Nevada to provide coverage for medical treatment when part of a clinical trial in phase II, phase III, and phase IV, for patients with cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), myalgic encephalomyelitis, ME/CFS.
- 2004: Co-founded the HHV-6 Foundation
- 2005: Successfully sought seed funding for a 70 million dollar joint medical research building project for the University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada Cancer Institute and the WPI
- 2006: Created the Neuro-Immune Research Foundation which became the foundation of support for WPI
- 2007: Successfully sought additional funding for building and operations for the Whittemore Peterson Institute."
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2006, Health Care Hero Award, Nevada Business Journal
- 2008, University of Nevada, Alumna of the Year
- 2009, IACFS/ME Special Service Award - for outstanding personal effort and contribution to the CFS/ME community 
- 2009, Honorary Doctor of Letters, University of Nevada, Reno
Talks and Interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2007, Speaker at the 2nd Invest in ME International ME Conference - Speech title: A Model ME/CFS Clinic - The CFS Clinic – Reno, Nevada, US
- 2010, Speaker at the 5th Invest in ME International ME Conference - Speech title: Future Pathways of Research into ME
- 2011, Keynote Speaker at the 6th Invest in ME International ME Conference - Speech Title: Translating ME/CFS Research into Treatments
- 2011, 10th International IACFSME Conference, Patient Agenda - Speech title: "Translating Scientific Research into Patient Care"
- 2011, ME/CFS Alert - Episode 04 - Annette Whittemore, President of the Whittemore Peterson Institute
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- http://www.nevadabusiness.com/issues/NBMAugust2006ViewSUP.pdf p18
- http://www.unr.edu/silverandblue/archive/2008/fall/nsb_fall_2008.pdf p43
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome