Richard Schloeffel is an Australian general physician (MB, BS, FRACGP), whose interests include Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Borreliosis and co-infections, Auto-Immune Diseases, and other complex disorders.
Education and Career[edit | edit source]
Dr Schloeffel graduated in 1978 from NSW University along with post-graduate training in an isolated rural general practice. He worked in country practices for thirteen years and spent five years working in the developing world, including Papua New Guinea, China, India, Bali and Eastern Europe. For the last twenty years he has been the principal at Pymble Grove Health Centre, where he has been treating and specializing in complex and chronic disorders, with an integrative team of practitioners.
Approach to ME and CFS[edit | edit source]
He has treated 3,500 ME/CFS patients (1996-2014+), they represent 70% of his patients.
The most common infections that he sees are: Mycoplasma in cells (70% of patients), C. pneumonia (10%), Borreliosis / Rickettsia /etc (10%) (50% acquired overseas, 50% local), giardia (10%) (acquired in New Zealand).
Dr Schloeffel classifies his patients into ten overlapping subgroups: post-infective, Lyme disease, gastrointestinal dysfunction, endocrine dysfunction, sleep dysfunction, autonomic dysfunction, neuropsychiatric, Fibromyalgia, genetic disorders, surgical.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
Pymble Grove Health Centre, 11/924 Pacific Highway, Gordon NSW 2072, Sydney, Australia.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
'Anyone who tells someone with CFS that it’s in their mind.... it’s a criminal, negligent offense against the patient'
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- Video - Richard Schloeffel, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis and Treatment, at Emerge Australia seminar, 13 Sep 2014
- Interview with Dr Schloeffel, The NiceGuidelines Blog, 20 Feb 2014]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Website - Pymble Grove Health Centre
- Video - Richard Schloeffel, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis and Treatment, at Emerge Australia seminar, 13 Sep 2014]
- MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION Australia Day 2017 Honours List
- Controversial GP receives Australia gong nzdoctor.co.nz article
- Interview with Dr Schloeffel, by MindFood c2012, no longer available online