MEpedia is almost entirely built by volunteers.
What does this mean?
- Almost all edits are made in the free time of contributors, who come along and volunteer information at any time that suits them. In particular, patients with ME often have unpredictable schedules and availability.
- There is no minimum or maximum amount anyone should contribute.
- Anyone can take a break for any period of time, whether from working on a given article or on MEpedia entirely. No explanation needed.
- Contributors who have taken a break can also return whenever they like, but are never obliged. Again, no explanation needed.
- There is no deadline to finish an article. Unfinished articles can be marked as stub pages.
- Except as specified in MEpedia:Discussion and collaboration, editors have no obligation to respond to questions or comments. If a fellow editor has not responded to your message or followed up on an earlier edit, please don't assume that you have offended them or that they are insulting you: assume good faith and remember that life might have gotten a little complicated for them.