Doctor Jarred Younger is an American researcher who leads the Neuroinflammation, Pain & Fatigue lab at the University of Birmingham, Alabama, United States. He previously worked at the Stanford ME/CFS Initiative with Jose Montoya, as an Assistant Professor involved in a notable study highlighting leptin levels and ME/CFS. 
He is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense to study new techniques for diagnosing and treating neuroinflammation in ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and Gulf War Illness . In particular his work focuses on the role of microglia.
- 2016 Ramsay Award Program grant recipient, sponsored by the Solve ME/CFS Initiative for Advanced Non-Invasive Analysis in ME/CFS Diagnosis and Treatment Decisions
- 2017, Cytokine signature associated with disease severity in chronic fatigue syndrome patients (FULL TEXT)
- 2013, "Fibromyalgia Symptoms Are Reduced by Low-Dose Naltrexone: A Pilot Study"
- 2013, "Daily cytokine fluctuations, driven by leptin, are associated with fatigue severity in chronic fatigue syndrome: Evidence of inflammatory pathology,"
- 2010, "Low-dose naltrexone for the treatment of fibromyalgia: findings of a small, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, counterbalanced, crossover trial assessing daily pain levels."
Talks & interviews
- 2016, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: Can We Find Answers in the Brain? - Solve CFS Webinar
- 2016, Younger Lab YouTube Channel: Series of ongoing talks on the work of the lab
- 2016, Dr. Jarred Younger: Cutting Edge Research on CFS, Neuroinflammation, Pain, and Fatigue
- 2015, Dr Jarred Younger - LDN Scientist - Low Dose Naltrexone
- 2015, Pandora Research Report: Jarred Younger - Leptin in the Role of Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue (see Leptin)
- 2015, Jarred Younger, Ph.D. - Microglial Modulation in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- 2015, Spoonie Radio Ep 15: Jarred Younger (see also Courtney Craig)
- 2014, ME/CFS Alerts Episode 68: Jarred Younger Interviewed by Deborah Waroff
- 2011, Chronic Pain in Women
- 2016, Prisoners of Pain - UAB magazine (Spring 2016)
- 2016, Self Hacked on Dr Younger
- 2016, Younger Lab YouTube Channel
- 2016, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Research Center Makes Good (Cort Johnson)
- 2015, The Neuroinflammation Man: Jarred Younger on Inflammation, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Cort Johnson)
- 2015, New Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Lab Opens: Jarred Younger Talks (Cort Johnson)
- Publications on the PubMed register - Jarred Younger
- UAB Departmental Website
- Biography at UAB
- Facebook page for Younger Lab at UAB
- YouTube - Younger Lab
- Stringer, EA; Baker, KS; Carrol, IR; Montoya, JG; Chu, L; Maeker, HT; Younger, JW (9 Apr 2013), "Daily cytokine fluctuations, driven by leptin, are associated with fatigue severity in chronic fatigue syndrome: Evidence of inflammatory pathology,", J Transl Med., PMID 23570606, doi:10.1186/1479-5876-11-93
- Pandora Research Report: Jarred Younger - Leptin in the Role of Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue
- Montoya, Jose G.; Holmes, Tyson H.; Anderson, Jill N.; Maecker, Holden T.; Rosenberg-Hasson, Yael; Valencia, Ian J.; Chu, Lily; Younger, Jarred W.; Tato, Cristina M.; Davis, Mark M. (2017), "Cytokine signature associated with disease severity in chronic fatigue syndrome patients", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 114 (34): E7150-E7158, doi:10.1073/pnas.1710519114