Wild lettuce leaf
Wild lettuce extract or lactuca virosa is a natural remedy made from the lettuce plant. Wild lettuce may be used on its own, but it is more commonly combined with other natural plant remedies such as valerian, passion flowerherb, hops or verbena.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
Wild lettuce is also known as:
- Acrid lettuce, bitter lettuce, lettuce opium, poison lettuce, or strong-scented Lettuce
- German lactucarium
- Green endive
- Lactuca virosa or Lactucarium
- Laitue amère,
- Laitue à opium
- Laitue sauvage
- Laitue scariole, laitue serriole or laitue vireuse
- Lechuga silvestre
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- Wild lettuce - drugs.com
- Wild lettuce - rxlist
- Herbal medicines granted a herbal registration - UK government
References[edit | edit source]
- "Wild Lettuce: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning". www.webmd.com. Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- Royal Horticultural Society. "Lactuca virosa | great lettuce | RHS Gardening". www.rhs.org.uk. Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (December 19, 2020). "Herbal medicines granted a traditional herbal registration". GOV.UK. Retrieved December 9, 2020.