Survivor Corps is a large American grassroots movement and community that describes itself as "the Peace Corps of the COVID Generation". Using their collective power, Survivor Corps aims to stem the COVID-19 pandemic and assist in the recovery within the United States.
Aims[edit | edit source]
Services[edit | edit source]
Notable people[edit | edit source]
Patrons[edit | edit source]
Medical advisors[edit | edit source]
- Dr. David J Shulkin, MD
- Special Advisor, 9th Secretary, Veterans Affairs; Former Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Health
- Dr. Wendy Chung, MD, PhD
- Chief, Clinical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Kennedy Family Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, and Medical Director, Columbia Genetic Counselling Graduate Program
- Dr. Sudeb Dalai, MD, PhD
- Senior Medical Director, Adaptive Biotechnologies, Infectious Disease / Clinical Professor, Stanford University
- Dr. Vin Gupta, MD, MPA
- Critical Care Pulmonologist; Major, 446th Air Force Reserve Medical Squadron; Aerospace Physician, IHME: Institute of Health Metrics & Evaluation
- Dr. Emma Guttman, MD, PhD
- Vice Chair, Research, Dept of Dermatology, Director, Center for Excellence in Eczema, Director, Laboratory of Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Dr. Laurie G. Jacobs, MD
- Geriatrician; Chair, Department of Internal Medicine, Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, Former Board Chair, American Geriatrics Society
- Dr. Michael Joyner, MD
- Mayo Clinic; Principal Investigator, NIH; Principal Investigator, Expanded Access to Convalescent Plasma; Vice Chair (Research) Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine,Mayo Clinic
- Dr. Harlan Krumholz, MD, SM
- Harold H. Hines, Jr. Professor of Medicine (Cardiology), Director, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation.
- Dr. William W. Li, MD
- Research Scientist & Vascular Biologist, Founder & Medical Director, Angiogenesis Foundation; Author of Eat to Beat Disease
- Dr. Kavita Patel, MD, MSHS
- Internal Medicine, Mary's Center, Nonresident Fellow, The Brookings Institution; Former Director of Policy, White House
- Dr. Richard B. Rosen, MD, DSc
- Vice Chair, Ophthalmology Research, Surgeon Director & Retinal Service Chief, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Dr. Peter Staats, MD, MBA
- Founder, Johns Hopkins Blaustein Pain Center; Interventional Pain Management Physician.
Research/Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- Mar 27, 2021, COVID-19 Survivors’ Reports of the Timing, Duration, and Health Impacts of Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 (PASC) Infection(Full text)
- Nov 12, 2020, The Immunology of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children with COVID-19 - (Full text)
- Apr 20, 2021, Fatigue in critical care survivors: multidisciplinary and self-management strategies - (Full text)
- May 14, 2021, Convalescent plasma in patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 (RECOVERY): a randomised controlled, open-label, platform trial - (Full text)
- May 25, 2021, Use of Convalescent Plasma in COVID-19 Patients with Immunosuppression - (Full text)
- June 25, 2021, Safety and Immunogenicity Report from the Com-COV Study – with An Adenoviral Vectored and mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine (pre-print) - (Abstract) - pre-print
History[edit | edit source]
Diana Berrent became an advocate and activist after becoming one of the first people in her area to contract COVID-19.
While in isolation with COVID-19, Diana launched Survivor Corps, a grassroots organization aiming to support people who had tested positive for COVID-19 and to participate in related medical and scientific research.
Funding[edit | edit source]
Survivor Corps is a non-profit project of Multiplier.
Interviews and articles[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Story". Survivor Corps. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Mission". Survivor Corps. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Leadership". Survivor Corps. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- "Medical Advisory Board". Survivor Corps. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- Lambert, Natalie; Corps, Survivor; El-Azab, Sarah A.; Ramrakhiani, Nathan S.; Barisano, Anthony; Yu, Lu; Taylor, Kaitlyn; Esperanca, Alvaro; Downs, Charles A. (March 27, 2021). "COVID-19 Survivors' Reports of the Timing, Duration, and Health Impacts of Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 (PASC) Infection". medRxiv: 2021.03.22.21254026. doi:10.1101/2021.03.22.21254026.
- "The Immunology of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children with COVID-19". Cell. 183 (4): 968–981.e7. November 12, 2020. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2020.09.016. ISSN 0092-8674.
- Wang, Eric Y.; Mao, Tianyang; Klein, Jon; Dai, Yile; Huck, John D.; Jaycox, Jillian R.; Liu, Feimei; Zhou, Ting; Israelow, Benjamin (July 2021). "Diverse functional autoantibodies in patients with COVID-19". Nature. 595 (7866): 283–288. doi:10.1038/s41586-021-03631-y. ISSN 1476-4687.
- Senefeld, Jonathon W.; Klassen, Stephen A.; Ford, Shane K.; Senese, Katherine A.; Wiggins, Chad C.; Bostrom, Bruce C.; Thompson, Michael A.; Baker, Sarah E.; Nicholson, Wayne T. (June 1, 2021). "Use of convalescent plasma in COVID‐19 patients with immunosuppression". Transfusion. doi:10.1111/trf.16525. ISSN 0041-1132. PMC 8242637. PMID 34036587.
- Liu, Xinxue; Shaw, Robert H.; Stuart, Arabella SV; Greenland, Melanie; Dinesh, Tanya; Provstgaard-Morys, Samuel; Clutterbuck, Elizabeth; Ramasamy, Maheshi N.; Aley, Parvinder K. (June 25, 2021). "Safety and Immunogenicity Report from the Com-COV Study – a Single-Blind Randomised Non-Inferiority Trial Comparing Heterologous And Homologous Prime-Boost Schedules with An Adenoviral Vectored and mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine". Pre-prints with The Lancet. Rochester, NY – via SSRN.
- "Survivor Corps". Multiplier. June 22, 2020. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) - A set of biomedical research institutes operated by the U.S. government, under the auspices of the Department of Health and Human Services.