Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia: Strategies to Take Back Your Life
Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia: Strategies to Take Back Your Life is a medical guide book collaboration by Andy Abril M.D. and Barbara K. Bruce Ph.D. L.P., both of the Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, US.
It describes fibromyalgia as "a sensory disorder caused by a miscommunication between the nerves through your body and your brain."
Strategies to Take Back Your Life
|Author||Andy Abril M.D. and Barbara K. Bruce Ph.D. L.P.|
|Publisher||Mayo Clinic Press; Paperback Original edition (September 24, 2019)|
Publisher's synopsis[edit | edit source]
Fibromyalgia can be hard to live with and difficult to understand, and decades of mystery and misconceptions haven't helped. Finding solid answers and strategies to ease the symptoms of fibromyalgia has been difficult - until now!
Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia dispels myths and provides empowering answers about fibromyalgia. But it doesn't stop there.
Drawing on decades of experience and research, this compelling, how-to resource offers effective, practical approaches that can help anyone with fibromyalgia manage the condition successfully and return to a life that's meaningful and enjoyable.
If you or a loved one has fibromyalgia, relief is closer than you think. Inside this empowering book, you'll discover a comprehensive program that offers the latest advances in treatment, along with proven, easy-to-follow steps for reducing pain and other symptoms. Page by page, you'll find tools, techniques and hope to help anyone with fibromyalgia not only live well but thrive.
This book is divided into 4 parts:
Part 1 defines fibromyalgia, describes what causes it, and lists the challenges it can pose
Part 2 outlines treatment options
Part 3 describes strategies for managing fibromyalgia
Part 4 outlines steps toward working with your health care team and family and creating a daily action plan for managing symptoms
From Publishers Weekly:
Coming from one of the most reliable, respected health resources that Americans have, this book is the first one a newly diagnosed patient should consult. (Sept.)
Media coverage[edit | edit source]
- Sep 24, 2019, Mayo Clinic News Network
- Oct 2, 2019, Fibromyalgia News Today
- Oct 9, 2019, Conversations Live
- Oct 16, 2019, Health Professionals Radio (AU) (Podcast)
- Oct 18, 2019, Pain Resource
- Oct, 2019, Blog Talk Radio
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Amazon (US)
- Barnes and Noble (US)
- Better World Books
- Google Books
- Indie Bound
- Toronto Public Library
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Abril, M.D., Andy; Bruce Ph.D. L.P., Barbara K. (2019). "Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia: Strategies to Take Back Your Life". amazon.com. Mayo Clinic Press; Paperback Original edition. p. 15. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- ↑ "Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia". marketplace.mayoclinic.com. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- ↑ Abril M.D., Andy; Bruce Ph.D. L.P., Barbara K. (2019). "Mayo Clinic Guide to Fibromyalgia: Strategies to Take Back Your Life". amazon.com. Mayo Clinic Press; Paperback Original edition.
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.