A wanted page is any page name that has already been linked to, but has not yet been created. Wanted page names show up as red links, since the page does not yet exist. These wanted pages are listed in Special:WantedPages.
Marking a wanted page name
If you want to indicate that a new page should be created for a topic, simply create links to that page name from some other pages. Each link will show up in red, since the page does not yet exist. These red links mark the page as a "wanted page", and the page will then appear in the list of Special:WantedPages.
When marking a page name as wanted, be sure to create links to the page name from every other page that mentions the page name. To find these pages that should link to the "wanted page", simply search for the page name or similar names, and you will get a list of pages that mention the page name or similar name.
If you want the new page to be created in a particular category, you may be able to edit the category's page to add a link to the wanted page in this section:
Please create pages for (remove any blue links from this section)
The page will then appear in Special:WantedPages, as well as in the category page. (If the category page doesn't yet have this section you can copy it from the MEpedia:Article outlines page using the source editor.)
How to help
Wanted pages are pages that are linked to, but have not yet been created. Your assistance in creating these pages is greatly appreciated! The list of wanted pages is ordered by how many times the page name has been linked to, so that pages at the top of the list are more "wanted" than pages at the bottom of the list. You can see exactly which other pages are trying to link to each wanted page.
- Many of the listed wanted pages already exist, but with a slightly different spelling or capitalization:
- If there is an acceptable alternate spelling or capitalization, you can create a redirect from the alternate page name to the existing page name. This should remove the alternate page name from the list of wanted pages.
- In some cases, there may be an error in the existing page name. Correcting the existing page name will remove the corrected page name from the list of wanted pages.
- Many of the listed wanted pages are simply misspelled links. In these cases, all you need to do is to fix the links so that they point to the correct page. This will remove the misspelling from the list of wanted pages.
- You can ignore any wanted pages that begin with "MediaWiki:", "MEpedia:", "Template:", "Help:", "Category:", "Module:", or "Portal:".
- You can ignore any wanted pages that are only linked to from "Talk:" pages, "Template:" pages, or from the "Glossary" page.
- The list excludes any pages which only have redirects linking to them. For a list of non-existent pages that have redirects linking to them, see the list of broken redirects.
α - Greek letter alpha or alfa (symbol)