Love and Fatigue in America
|Subject||Illness, travel, biographical|
|Publisher||University of Wisconsin Press|
|Media type||print & digital|
Publisher's synopsis[edit | edit source]
(This synopsis was provided by the publisher for promotional purposes. For book reviews, please see Links section below.)
When an Englishman receives an invitation from an American university, he embraces it as a jubilant new beginning. Instead, on arrival, he is stricken with a persistent inability to stand up or think straight. Diagnosed with ME disease—also called chronic fatigue syndrome—he moves restlessly across his newly adopted country, searching for a love and a life suited to his new condition. Love and Fatigue in America briskly compresses an illness, a nation, and an era in a masterly blend of literary forms.
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- 22 Jun 2013, Blog Critics - Book Review: Love and Fatigue in America by Roger King. Review by Erica Verrillo.
Articles and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 06 Nov 2012, What Makes a Healthy Life? Writer Roger King Explores Love & Fatigue in America, Gwarlingo
Links[edit | edit source]
- Love and Fatigue in America - Amazon (US)
- Love and Fatigue in America - Amazon (UK)
- Love and Fatigue in America - Goodreads
- Love and Fatigue in America - Facebook page