Jørgen Jelstad (b.1979) is a Norwegian physiotherapist and journalist who has written for Dagens Næringsliv Magasinet, VG, Dagsavisen, and Utdanning. He attended Oslo University College. Inspired by his mother who has ME, he began writing a book about her experiences called De Bortgjemte - og hvordan ME ble vår tids mest omstridte sykdom (The Hidden – and how ME/CFS became the most controversial disease of our time). Presently, the book is only available in Norwegian.
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
2012, He spoke about his book at the 7th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2012
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 2011, Dagbladet Ta ME på alvor
- 2011, Bergens Tidende På tide at Wilhelmsen modererer seg
- 2012, Aftenposten Synsing om enkeltdiagnoser
- 2013, Dagens Medisin Kognitiv svikt i ME-debatten
- 2015, Dagens Medisin Hvorfor skal ME-pasienter tåle mer synsing enn andre?
- 2015, Dagens Medisin ME-debatten må ta utgangspunkt i forskning
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- May 4, 2016, The Male Pattern Baldness Disease? Chronic Fatigue Syndrome’s Chronic Lack of Research Funding by Jørgen Jelstad
- Jelstad's website and blog about the book and his extensive research on ME
References[edit | edit source]
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome, often used when both illnesses are considered the same.