Professor Ian Charles is the Director of the Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, UK and leads the programme to develop the Quadram Institute. His research interests include infectious disease and the microbiome as its affect on health and well-being.
Past positions include: Director of ithree institute and visiting Professor at University of Technology, Sydney; Professor of Molecular Biology at University of Sheffield and University College London, UK; Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Arrow Therapeutics; Head of Molecular Pharmacology at Glaxo Wellcome; and Senior Research Scientist at Wellcome Research Laboratories
Education[edit | edit source]
- 1977 – 1980, University of St Andrews, Scotland, Zoology
- 1981 – 1985, University of Leicester, UK - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Biochemistry
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2015, Keynote Speaker at the 10th Invest in ME International ME Conference on "Solving ME: What a Research Park Has to Offer in Resolving a Chronic Disease" - DVD available
- 2017, Opening Keynote Speaker at the 12th Invest in ME International ME Conference on "A Centre of Excellence for ME" - DVD available
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- 2015, "Leading scientist to develop new Centre for Food and Health and to head the Institute of Food Research"