What are userboxes?
Userboxes are not part of the MEpedia encyclopedia. They are a feature for editors, used to display a single box about the editor, eg:
Adding a userbox is as a simple as editing your user page.
How to get userboxes
- Browse through the Userboxes templates category and find a userbox you want
- Copy the code for the userbox, eg
- Go to your user page, edit the page and paste the code you copied at the very top
- Save your changes, and the user box will appear
Make a custom userbox
- If you plan to use a picture, upload the picture first with Special:Upload, and make sure it's a file licensed for reuse
- All user boxes are templates, so they must be saved with the Template: prefix at the start of their name
- First decide what to call it. Make sure the name begins with Userbox
- Create the page in the Template name space, eg Template:Userbox_NewYork
- Copy code from an existing userbox that is in a style you like
- Add the blank page to the Userboxes category (without displaying the category when the userbox is added to a userpage) by wrapping it in a <noinclude> tag:
<noinclude > [[Category:Userbox templates]] </noinclude >