Faith Richards Newton, Ed.D., Professor of Education at Delaware State University, Dover, Delaware, has a special interest in providing accommodations and modifications for students with chronic fatigue syndrome in the classroom.
Education[edit | edit source]
As per Delaware State University faculty page:
- B.A. - 1980, Early Secondary Social Studies, State University of New York, Cortland, New York, US
- M.A. - 1987, Educational Leadership, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, US
- Ed.S. - 1991, Educational Administration, The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, US
- Ed.D. - 1994, Educational Administration, The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, US
CFSAC Committee[edit | edit source]
In January 2018, Dr. Newton was appointed chairperson of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) which reports to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Prior to this position, she served as a voting member of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) for the term July 1, 2014 to July 1, 2018. She has also chaired the Pediatric Education Working Group.
Publications[edit | edit source]
- 2015, Article for Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior - "Improving academic success for students with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome" - (Abstract)
- 2019, Article for Frontiers in Pediatrics - "Meeting the educational needs of young, ME/CFS patients: Role of the treating physician" - (Full text)
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- Mar 20, 2014, Speaker at the 2014 International IACFS/ME Research and Clinical Conference - "Translating Science into the Classroom: A Workshop for Clinicians, Patients and Educators"
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- 31 May 2016, Transcript of May 2016 CFSAC meeting - presentation of Pediatric Education Working Group
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Faith Newton | Ed.D. | Delaware State University, Delaware | DESU | Department of Education". ResearchGate. Retrieved Oct 10, 2019.
- News, Submitted (Jan 18, 2018). "DSU's Newton heads National Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee". Dover Post. Retrieved Oct 10, 2019.
- Newton, Faith (Apr 3, 2015). "Improving academic success for students with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome". Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior. 3 (2): 97–103. doi:10.1080/21641846.2015.1004831. ISSN 2164-1846.
- Newton, Faith (Jan 2017). "Education Children with Pediatric CFS/ME". iacfsme. Retrieved Oct 10, 2019.
- Newton, Faith R. (Apr 2, 2019). "Meeting the Educational Needs of Young, ME/CFS Patients: Role of the Treating Physician". Frontiers in Pediatrics. 7. doi:10.3389/fped.2019.00104. ISSN 2296-2360. PMID 31001499.
- "NWX-OS-OPHS-OEP-OER" (PDF). HHS.gov. May 17, 2016. Retrieved Oct 10, 2019.
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome, often used when both illnesses are considered the same.