David M. Systrom, MD, practices Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital and is the Director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cardiopulmonary laboratory, both in Boston, Massachusetts, US. He teaches as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
Education[edit | edit source]
Dr. Systrom earned his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Emory University Hospital, then a fellowship in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Research[edit | edit source]
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2016, Unexplained exertional dyspnea caused by low ventricular filling pressures: results from clinical invasive cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- 2019, The Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Results from an Invasive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Laboratory - (Abstract)
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2018, Advancements in ME/CFS Research, David M. Systrom, MD; Brigham and Women's Hospital | ME/CFSAlert 98 (Mestinon)
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "David M. Systrom, MD - Brigham and Women's Hospital". physiciandirectory.brighamandwomens.org. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- "Announcing SMCI's new ME/CFS research program at Brigham's and Women Hospital". Solve ME/CFS Initiative. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "The Exercise Response to Pharmacologic Cholinergic Stimulation in Preload Failure - ClinicalTrials.gov". clinicaltrials.gov. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Oldham, William M.; Lewis, Gregory D.; Opotowsky, Alexander R.; Waxman, Aaron B.; Systrom, David M. (March 2016). "Unexplained Exertional Dyspnea Caused by Low Ventricular Filling Pressures: Results from Clinical Invasive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing". Pulmonary Circulation. 6 (1): 55–62. doi:10.1086/685054. ISSN 2045-8932. PMC 4860548. PMID 27162614.
- Joseph, P.; Sanders, J.; Oaklander, A.L.; Arevalo Rodriguez, T.C.A.; Oliveira, R.; Faria Urbina, M.; Waxman, A.B.; Systrom, D.M. (May 2019). "The Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Results from an Invasive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Laboratory". American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2019 (199): A6902. doi:10.1164/ajrccm-conference.2019.199.1_MeetingAbstracts.A6902.