Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts)
|Author||Frankie Campling, Michael Sharpe|
|Series||The Facts Series|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Media type||print & digital|
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts): All The Information You Need, Straight From The Experts is a book by Dr. Michael Sharpe, a psychiatrist, and Frankie Campling.
Publisher's synopsis[edit | edit source]
(This synopsis was provided by the publisher for promotional purposes. For book reviews, please see Links section below.)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) remains one of the most controversial illnesses, both in terms of its causes, and the best ways to treat the illness. For years, sufferers have had to deal with scepticism from their families, employers, and even health care professionals. The vast amount of conflicting advice that has been published up to now has served only to confuse sufferers, and professionals, even more. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Facts presents a compassionate guide to this illness, providing sufferers and their families, with practical advice, based solely on scientific evidence. It is unique in being written by both a sufferer and a physician, both of whom have had extensive experience of talking to, and helping, patients. Included in the book is a detailed guide to self-help, written from a patient's perspective, but evidence-based. The book also deals with a number of special issues, advising on how to choose therapies and therapists, and how to deal with CFS in children. The book additionally includes an overview of the history of the illness, looking at the nature and causes of CFS, and the opportunities for the future. The book will be invaluable for sufferers from CFS, their friends and families, and the numerous health professionals who come into contact with sufferers from this illness.
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- 14 Apr 2011, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME): The Facts - Review by Gina Hossain. The BMJ.
- 20 Apr 2011, BMJ Rapid Response - "A Different View" by Trudie Doorduin. "The BMJ".
- 20 Oct 2012, Book Review - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) (The Facts). CFS Treatment Guide.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts) - Amazon (US)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts) - Amazon (UK)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts) - Goodreads
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (The Facts) - Oxford University Press