Cervical spinal stenosis
Fibromyalgia[edit | edit source]
A study of 270 patients with fibromyalgia found that 46% had cervical spinal stenosis and 20% chiari malformation. A significant improvement in physical and mental well-being was found in patients with cervical stenosis who received surgery. A second study found that 71% had cervical spinal cord compression.
ME/CFS[edit | edit source]
A 2018 case study published by Peter Rowe found marked post-operative improvement of symptoms in three patients with severe myalgic encephalomyelitis, orthostatic intolerance and cervical spinal stenosis.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Spinal stenosis - Symptoms and causes". Mayo Clinic. Retrieved Jan 29, 2019.
- Heffez, Dan S.; Ross, Ruth E.; Shade-Zeldow, Yvonne; Kostas, Konstantinos; Shah, Sagar; Gottschalk, Robert; Elias, Dean A.; Shepard, Alan; Leurgans, Sue E. (Apr 9, 2004). "Clinical evidence for cervical myelopathy due to Chiari malformation and spinal stenosis in a non-randomized group of patients with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia". European Spine Journal. 13 (6): 516–523. doi:10.1007/s00586-004-0672-x. ISSN 0940-6719. PMC . PMID 15083352.
- Heffez, Dan S.; Ross, Ruth E.; Shade-Zeldow, Yvonne; Kostas, Konstantinos; Morrissey, Mary; Elias, Dean A.; Shepard, Alan (Sep 2007). "Treatment of cervical myelopathy in patients with the fibromyalgia syndrome: outcomes and implications". European Spine Journal. 16 (9): 1423–1433. doi:10.1007/s00586-007-0366-2. ISSN 0940-6719. PMC . PMID 17426987.
- "Positional Cervical Spinal Cord Compression and Fibromyalgia: A Novel Comorbidity With Important Diagnostic and Treatment Implications". The Journal of Pain. 9 (7): 613–622. Jul 1, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.jpain.2008.01.339. ISSN 1526-5900.
- Rowe, Peter C.; Marden, Colleen L.; Heinlein, Scott; Edwards, Charles C. (Feb 2, 2018). "Improvement of severe myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms following surgical treatment of cervical spinal stenosis". Journal of Translational Medicine. 16. doi:10.1186/s12967-018-1397-7. ISSN 1479-5876. PMC . PMID 29391028.
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome