Whitney Dafoe is the son of Dr. Ronald Davis and Dr. Janet Dafoe and is severely affected by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). The photos were taken during the illness and show his disease pregression. They appeared in an article about Whitney written by Stephanie Land and printed in The Huffington Post in March 2016.
Prior to becoming severely ill, Dafoe was an adventurer who loved photography and traveled extensively. His journeys took him to all 50 states, India, Nepal, Ecuador.
- Invisible Illness - Stories of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome featuring Whitney Dafoe, Stephen Shimshock, and Susan Kreutzer
- 24 Oct 2016, "The Love of a Thousand Muskoxen: Grieving a Love Lost to Time and Sickness" by Stephanie Land
- Spring 2016, "The puzzle solver: A researcher changes course to help his son" by Tracie White, in Stanford Medicine
- 24 March 2016, "Therein Lies your Calling" by Stephanie Land
- 5 Oct 2015, "With his son terribly ill, a top scientist takes on chronic fatigue syndrome"
- 2015, Whitney Dafoe Palo Alto Online 2015 video - short
- 10 July 2015, "Invisible Illness - Stories of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" in Palo Alto Online
- 4 Nov 2015, "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Gains Funding, And Controversy" by Miriam E. Tucker in Shots Health News from NPR
- 19 Oct 2015, "Scientist dad searches for cure for sick son" on BBC Newhour