A watchlist is a list of pages that interest you. Your watchlist allows you to review all recent changes to pages that interest you. Your watchlist is not visible to other users.
Start your watchlist
When logged into your account, you can add to your watchlist by browsing through MEpedia to find articles you're interested in and clicking the star icon at the top of the page to add it to your "watchlist". You can browse the pages in MEpedia by using the main page or by reviewing the Contents page.
Editing or creating a page may also add it to your watchlist.
View your watchlist
- To view changes that people have made to the pages on your watchlist, just click on "Watchlist" on the top right of the screen or go to Special:Watchlist.
- If you want to see a list of all the pages on your watchlist, click on the small link called "View and Edit Watchlist" at the top of the watchlist page or go to Special:Watchlist/edit.
Reviewing changes to your watchlist
To review changes that people have made to your watchlist, click on "Watchlist" on the top right of the screen or go to Special:Watchlist.
Each line will show a page that has been changed since you last checked:
- If the changed page is on your watchlist, (including discussion pages) it will show up in bold.
- To see what has changed, just click on the word “diff” or the word “changes” on that line.
- You can also click on the word "hist" or the word "history" to see all the edits to the page.
Note: Changes that are over two years old will not be shown.
Watchlist settings and unwatching pages
You can adjust watchlist settings (for instance, if you don't want every page you edit to be added to your watchlist automatically) by going to "Preferences" (at the top of the page), then selecting the "Watchlist" tab:
- This tab allows you to specify how many days in the past to look for changes, and the maximum amount of changes to be displayed on your watchlist page.
- This tab also allows you to see a full list of pages you're watching: you can unwatch multiple pages at once if you'd like to trim your list. You can also unwatch pages individually by navigating to the page and simply clicking the same star icon you would click to watch the page.
The "User Profile" tab in your Preferences can be used to specify if you would like to receive an email when pages on your watchlist are updated.
- See your watchlist page here: Special:Watchlist
- You can also review changes with the Recent Changes page.
- You can also review all changes to a particular page using the Page History.