Ritchie Shoemaker, MD, specializes in mold-triggered illnesses, in particular Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome acquired following exposure to the interior environment of Water-Damaged Buildings (CIRS-WDB). He is located in Pocomoke City, MD on the Eastern Shore in Maryland.
He retired in 2013 for health reasons, after 36 years of practice, but is still available for phone consultations.
He certifies physicians in his Shoemaker Protocol for treating CIRS.
Graduated Duke University for undergraduate and medical school with honors.
- Maryland Academy of Family Practice Physician of the Year 2000
- Finalist in the National competition for Family Practice Physician in 2002
- 2010, Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings byRitchie C. Shoemaker MD, Edited by Matthew C. Hudson and Patti Schmidt ISBN-10: 0966553551 ISBN-13: 978-0966553550
- 2005, Mold Warriors: Fighting America's Hidden Health Threat by Ritchie C. Shoemaker, James Schaller, and Patti Schmidt ISBN-10: 0966553535 ISBN-13: 978-0966553536
- 2001, Desperation Medicine by Ritchie C. Shoemaker ISBN-10: 0966553519 ISBN-13: 978-0966553512