Stephanie Land is a freelance writer and memoirist. She serves on The Blue Ribbon Foundation Board of Directors as the Communications Director. As a good friend of Whitney Dafoe, she is committed to writing about myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) to increase public awareness and dispel misconceptions.
Other writing topics include single parenting, poverty, and social and economic justice. Her memoir, MAID: A Single Mother’s Journey from Cleaning House to Finding Home, is about "working as a full-time maid, surviving domestic violence, and the life lessons she’s learned from cleaning other people’s houses."
Articles about ME/CFS[edit | edit source]
- 17 Nov 2016, "Sometimes You Go To California" - blog post about visiting Jamison Hill (in Stepville blog)
- 24 Oct 2016, "The Love of a Thousand Muskoxen: Grieving a Love Lost to Time and Sickness" (in Longreads)
- 29 Sept 2016, Advocacy in Action: Ryan Prior (in Stepville blog)
- May, 2016, "Solo Moms Living with Chronic Illness" (in ESME)
- 13 May 2016 - Updated April 2017, "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Isn't Just 'Fatigue' — It's a Deadly Disease" (in SheKnows)
- May 2, 2016, "Wear your Undies on the Outside for OMF!" (in #MEAction.net)
- May 2, 2016, “Patients with Chronic Illness Rally to Raise Funds, Awareness, and Hope” (in The Huffington Post)
- 25 April 2016, "Send a Special #MillionsMissing Advocacy Kit to Congress, Courtesy of the Blue Ribbon Foundation" (in #MEAction.net)
- 22 April 2016, "Visiting Whitney Dafoe: a dear friend who suffers from severe ME/CFS" (in ProHealth)
- 11 April 2016, "How did I get here? Jumping feet-first into the ME/CFS community" (in The Blue Ribbon Foundation)
- 30 March 2016, "‘Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Isn’t What You Think It Is — It’s Much Worse’" (in The Huffington Post)
- 24 March 2016, "Therein Lies your Calling" (in Stepville blog)
- 11 March 2014, "Professor Ron Davis to Present at 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016" (in Let's Do It for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)