Jordan Dimitrov Dimitrakoff, MD, PhD, is an urologist who has taught at Harvard School of Public Health.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee
Dr. Dimitrakoff served as a voting member of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) from 04/10/11 to 04/10/15 participating as a member of the ME/CFS Researcher and Clinician-Scientist Recruitment Workgroup in 2014.
FDA Public Workshops
- April 25-26, 2013, FDA Public Workshop - Development of Safe and Effective Drug Therapies for CFS and ME - Workshop Participant VIDEO of presentation
- September 13, 2012, ME and CFS Stakeholder Teleconference Participant
- 2012, Minimum data elements for research reports on CFS. Full text
Abstract: "Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating condition that has received increasing attention from researchers in the past decade. However, it has become difficult to compare data collected in different laboratories due to the variability in basic information regarding descriptions of sampling methods, patient characteristics, and clinical assessments. The issue of variability in CFS research was recently highlighted at the NIH's 2011 State of the Knowledge of CFS meeting prompting researchers to consider the critical information that should be included in CFS research reports. To address this problem, we present our consensus on the minimum data elements that should be included in all CFS research reports, along with additional elements that are currently being evaluated in specific research studies that show promise as important patient descriptors for subgrouping of CFS. These recommendations are intended to improve the consistency of reported methods and the interpretability of reported results. Adherence to minimum standards and increased reporting consistency will allow for better comparisons among published CFS articles, provide guidance for future research and foster the generation of knowledge that can directly benefit the patient."
- 2014, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Current Status and Future Potentials of Emerging Biomarkers. (FULL TEXT)
- Jason, LA; Unger, ER; Dimitrakoff, JD; Fagin, AP; Houghton, M; Cook, DB; Marshall, GD, Jr; Klimas, N; Snell, C (2012), "Minimum data elements for research reports on CFS", Brain, Behavoir, Immunology, 26 (3): 401-6, PMID 22306456, doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2012.01.014
- Fischer, David B.; William, Arsani H.; Strauss, Adam C.; Unger, Elizabeth R.; Jason, Leonard; Marshall, Jr, Gailen D.; Dimitrakoff, Jordan D. (2014), "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Current Status and Future Potentials of Emerging Biomarkers", Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 2 (2): 93-109, doi:10.1080/21641846.2014.906066