Hillary Johnson is a journalist, author of the renowned book, Osler's Web, and a person living with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). Osler's Web, Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic chronicles the history of the disease and the failure of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health and other governmental agencies to research and treat it. She, also, wrote the foreword for Plague: One Scientist’s Intrepid Search for the Truth about Human Retroviruses and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Autism, and Other Diseases by Dr. Judy Mikovits and Kent Heckenlively, JD.
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 1987, Journey Into Fear: Part Two, The growing nightmare of Epstein-Barr Virus
- 2009, A Case of Chronic Denial - Op-ed in The New York Times about the discovery of the XMRV virus by Dr. Judy Mikovits
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 1996, Interviewed in the 1996 PrimeTime TV segment, Sick and Tired - Incline Village Outbreak.
- 2009, Invest in ME International ME Conference Pre-Dinner Speech 
- 2015, Featured in Ryan Prior's 2015 documentary Forgotten Plague, where she discusses the CDC's dismissal of the disease and the lack of media coverage particularly in the 80's and 90's.
- 2017, Charles Ortleb interviews Hillary Johnson
Books[edit | edit source]
- 2022, The Why: The Historic ME/CFS Call To Arms
- 1996, Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic
See also[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Johnson, Hillary. (1996). Osler's Web, Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic. Crown Publishers
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Plague-Scientists-Intrepid-Retroviruses-Syndrome-ebook/dp/B00EBO2DNI/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=
- ↑ Johnson, Hillary. (13 August 1987). Journey Into Fear: Part Two, The growing nightmare of Epstein-Barr Virus. Rolling Stone.Retrieved from http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/journey-into-fear-part-two-the-growing-nightmare-of-epstein-barr-virus-19870813
- ↑ Johnson, Hillary. (20 Oct 2009). A Case of Chronic Denial.The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/opinion/21johnson.html?_r=0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW0x9_Q8qbo
- ↑ http://www.investinme.org/IIMEC4.shtml
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Plague-Ron-Davis/dp/B01AT28I84
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Why-Historic-CFS-Call-Arms/dp/0578398478/ref=sr_1_5?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a U.S. government agency dedicated to epidemiology and public health. It operates under the auspices of the Department of Health and Human Services.
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.