Ryan Prior’s life imploded October 22, 2006, when he was struck down by a disease that dozens of doctors were powerless to diagnose, let alone treat. Against great odds, he becomes a reporter and ventures to tell the story of his suffering and improbable recovery. He is shocked that millions globally remain sidelined by the same disease, many bedridden for decades.
Forgotten Plague is a journey into the hidden world of myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome). It is a chilling tale of our medical system’s failures in addressing many chronic, complex diseases. Yet it is also a riveting story of science’s remarkable ability to transform medicine and improve human life itself.
Interviews in documentary
- David Tuller - New York Times, UC Berkeley
- Ian Lipkin, MD - Columbia University
- Jose Montoya, MD - Stanford University
- Anthony Komaroff, MD - Harvard University
- Michael VanElzakker, PhD - Tufts University
- Leonard Jason, PhD - DePaul University
- Lori Chapo-Kroger, RN - Pandora Org
- Derek Enlander, MD - Mt. Sinai Hospital
- Hillary Johnson - Author of Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Roger King - Former Economist for U.N. Agencies and Author of Love and Fatigue in America
- Linda Tannenbaum - Open Medicine Foundation
- Andreas Kogelnik, MD, PhD - Open Medicine Institute
- David Kaufman, MD - Open Medicine Institute
- Ronald Davis, PhD - Director, Stanford Genome Technology Research Center and Open Medicine Foundation Collaborator
- Ashley Davis - Director, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center at Stanford University
- Staci Stevens, MS - Director, Workwell Foundation
- Christopher Snell, PhD - Professor of Exercise Science, University of the Pacific, Workwell Foundation
- Mark VanNess, PhD - Associate Professor of Exercise Science, University of the Pacific, Workwell Foundation
- Daniel Peterson, MD - Sierra Internal Medicine and Simmaron Research
- Janet Smith, MD - Simmaron Research Board Member
- Chitra Bhakta, MD - Orange County Integrative Medical Center
- Jane Xenos, D.O. - Independent Physician
- Judy Mikovits, PhD - Microbiologist
- Charles Lapp, MD - Physician, Hunter-Hopkins Center
- Nancy Klimas, MD - Physician, Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine
- Gordon Broderick, PhD - Computer scientist, Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine
- Lubov Nathanson, PhD - Research scientist, Genomics
- William Pridgen, MD - Surgeon
- Carol Duffy, PhD - Microbiologist
- Jamison Hill - Former Bodybuilder with ME/CFS
- Toni Bernhard - Author, How To Be Sick
Available DVD and Streaming
- DVD, Amazon instant video, Google Play and iTunes; links at Forgotten Plague Website.
- Music From The Documentary "Forgotten Plague" By: David Conley available free on Spotify.
HuffPost Health "Forgotten Plague: A Must See Documentary" By: Bill Johnson II, Psychologist, Author
ME-gids - Dutch Translation of HuffPost Health Article "Forgotten Plague: Een documentaire die je gezien moet hebben" By: Bill Johnson II, Psycholoog, Auteur
Featured in media reporting
The Blue Ribbon Foundation
In the spirit of a true grassroots organization, The Blue Ribbon Foundation started as an idea, which manifested into a documentary (Forgotten Plague), and eventually shaped a movement.
The Blue Ribbon Foundation’s mission is to foster a national public dialogue that can lead to finding the cause, cure, and prevention of neuro-immune diseases.
The Blue Ribbon Fellowship
The summer between the first and second years of medical school is sometimes described as the last “free time” medical students have. However, most driven medical students will pursue research fellowships to set themselves up for success in competitive residency programs. We have launched a highly competitive fellowship in neuro-immune medicine for students from across the nation or the world to study with leaders in the field. The goal of The Blue Ribbon Fellowship is to foster a new generation of physicians devoted to solving complex neuro-immune diseases.
- Forgotten Plague Website
- IMDB Page Forgotten Plague 2015
- HuffPost Health "Forgotten Plague: A Must See Documentary"
- ME-gids - Dutch Translation "Forgotten Plague: Een documentaire die je gezien moet hebben" By: Bill Johnson II, Psycholoog, Auteur
- The Blue Ribbon Foundation
- The Blue Ribbon Fellowship