B cells or B lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell. They function in the humoral immunity component of the adaptive immune system by secreting antibodies.
- Jonathan Edwards comments on: Extended B-cell phenotype in patients with ME/CFS: A cross-sectional study (Link)
- 2015, B-Lymphocyte Depletion in Myalgic Encephalopathy/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. An Open-Label Phase II Study with Rituximab Maintenance Treatment (Øystein Fluge, Olav Mella, Risa K, Lunde S, Alme K, Rekeland IG, Sapkota D, Kristoffersen EK, Sørland K, Bruland O, Dahl O)
- 2015, Antibodies to β adrenergic and muscarinic cholinergic receptors in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Øystein Fluge, Olav Mella, Loebel M, Grabowski P, Heidecke H, Bauer S, Hanitsch LG, Wittke K, Meisel C, Reinke P, Volk HD, Carmen Scheibenbogen)
- 2013, Altered functional B cell subset populations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome compared to healthy controls. (Full Text)
- 2011, Benefit from B-lymphocyte depletion using the anti-CD20 antibody rituximab in chronic fatigue syndrome. A double-blind and placebo-controlled study (Øystein Fluge, Olav Mella, Bruland O, Risa K, Storstein A, Kristoffersen EK, Sapkota D, Næss H, Dahl O, Nyland H)
- 2009, Clinical impact of B-cell depletion with the anti-CD20 antibody rituximab in chronic fatigue syndrome: a preliminary case series (Øystein Fluge, Olav Mella)
Mensah, Fane; Bansal, Amolak; Berkovitz, Saul; Sharma, Arti; Reddy, Venkat; Leandro, Maria; Cambridge, Geraldine (2016), "Extended B cell phenotype in patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A cross-sectional study", Clinical and Experimental Immunology, 184 (2): 237-247, doi:10.1111/cei.12749
Bradley, AS; Ford, B; Bansal, Amolak (2013), "Altered functional B cell subset populations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome compared to healthy controls", Clinical and Experimental Immunology, 172 (1): 73–80, doi:10.1111/cei.12043
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history