Professor Jonathan Edwards is an Emeritus Professor of Connective Tissue Medicine at University College London (UCL) in the UK. Professor Edwards was instrumental in the discovery of the use of B-cell depletion therapy (Rituximab) to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
B-cell Depletion ME/CFS Research[edit | edit source]
Professor Edwards became interested in the possible use of Rituximab to treat ME/CFS after attending the Invest in ME International ME Conference in May 2013 and subsequently agreed to advise on and lead the effort.
Phoenix Rising[edit | edit source]
Science for ME[edit | edit source]
Open Letter to The Lancet[edit | edit source]
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. The first, written in 2015, was signed by Dr. Edwards and 5 of his colleagues. In 2016, thirty-six additional colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 13 November 2015, An open letter to Dr. Richard Horton and The Lancet
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog
Publications Related to ME/CFS[edit | edit source]
- 2017, PACE team response shows a disregard for the principles of science in Journal of Health Psychology [(Full Text)
- 2016, The biological challenge of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: a solvable problem, Editorial by Jonathan C.W. Edwards, Simon McGrath, Adrian Baldwin, Mark Livingstone & Andrew Kewley (Full Text)
Talks & Interviews[edit | edit source]
- 30 May 2014, Keynote Speaker at the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference - DVD available
- 3 Sept 2013, Interview: Professor Jonathan Edwards on the UK Rituximab trial
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- B cell depletion: an effective therapy in rheumatoid arthritis
- UK rituximab Trial - Statements By Professor Jonathan Edwards and Invest in ME - July 2013
- Jonathan Edwards
- Science for ME profile page for Professor Edwards
- Edwards, J.C.W., McGarth, S., Baldwin, A., Livingstone, M., Kewley, A. (2016). The biological challenge of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: a solvable problem. Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior 4 (2):63-69. doi: 10.1080/21641846.2016.1160598