Fiona Lowenstein or Fi Lowenstein is a journalist, public speaker, and producer covering LGBT+ and health issues, a Long COVID patient, and founder of Body Politic, a queer feminist wellness collective with a Long COVID support group.
Long COVID[edit | edit source]
Fiona Lowenstein —who uses they/them pronouns—contracted Long COVID in March 2020, which resulted in them being admitted to hospital and needing supplemental oxygen. Despite being in their 20s and previously in good health, Lowenstein was ill for three months before making an almost full recovery by using rest and pacing.
Articles by Fiona Lowenstein[edit | edit source]
- 2022, How Managers Can Support Employees With Long COVID - MIT Sloan Management Review
- 2021, I rested my way to recovery. I urge others to do the same. - The Guardian, Opinion
- 2020, My coronavirus survivor group is my most important medical support right now - Vox
- 2020, Opinion | I'm 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital. - New York Times, Opinion
Articles for journalists covering Long COVID[edit | edit source]
- How to cover COVID-19 patients sensitively - Columbia Journalism Review
- Body Politic's Comprehensive Guide to Covering Long COVID
- Long COVID coverage often falls short, but here's how reporters can do better - Center for Health Journalism
Videos[edit | edit source]
- 2021, Opinion | Long Covid Is Not Rare. It's a Health Crisis - New York Times, Opinion - with Hannah Davis
Talks, interviews and news articles about Fiona Lowenstein[edit | edit source]
- 2022, 2 COVID 'Long-Haulers' Open Up About Their Recovery - NBC Chicago
- 2021, Months After Contracting Virus, They Suffer Crippling Effects Of 'Long COVID' - NPR interview, also featuring Hannah Davis
- 2020, This Support Group Is Helping Launch A Covid-19 Patient Advocacy Movement - Molly Sprayregen, Forbes
Books[edit | edit source]
- The Long COVID Survival Guide: How to Take Care of Yourself and What Comes Next. Stories and Advice from Twenty-one Long-Haulers and Experts - edited by Fiona Lowenstein
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- Fiona Lowenstein - Member, Center for Health Journalis
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Lowenstein, Fiona; Davis, Hannah (March 17, 2021). "Long Covid Is Not Rare. It's a Health Crisis". New York Times.
- ↑ Lowenstein, Fiona (March 23, 2020). "About — Fiona Lowenstein". fionalowenstein.com. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sprayregen, Molly (November 13, 2020). "This Support Group Is Helping Launch A Covid-19 Patient Advocacy Movement". Forbes. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Lowenstein, Fiona (March 23, 2020). "Opinion | I'm 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital. Millennials: If you can't stay at home for others, do it for yourselves". New York Times. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Lowenstein, Fiona (June 21, 2021). "Opinion | I rested my way to recovery. I urge others to do the same". The Guardian. Retrieved June 21, 2021.
- ↑ "The Long COVID Survival Guide — Fiona Lowenstein". Experiment Publishing. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
The information provided at this site is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history.