Erica Verrillo is a prolific writer and activist for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), having written two well-received books on ME/CFS, a popular blog, Onward Through the Fog, and serving as the ME/CFS editor for ProHealth. She has live with ME/CFS since 1987.
Ms. Verrillo attended New England Conservatory of Music and finished her undergraduate education at Tufts, majoring in History. She holds an MA in Linguistics from Syracuse University, and was a doctoral candidate in Speech Communication at the University of Texas at Austin.
Writing about CFS
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide with Lauren M. Gellman, 1998.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide - 2nd Edition, 2012.
- Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction: Who Took the “ID” Out of CFIDS?, Blogcritics
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome an Autoimmune Disease?, Blogcritics
- Book Review: ‘Love and Fatigue in America’ by Roger King, Blogcritics
American Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society
In 2016, Verrillo founded a national non-profit, the American Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society or AMMES, which aims at being completely patient-centered, providing databases for treatment, physician referrals, and support groups, as well as uniting volunteers and patients on an as-needed basis.
Talks and Interviews
- 19 Dec 2016, Sapped of strength and stricken with pain and confusion those with chronic fatigue syndrome seek help with an elusive illness, by Lisa Spear in Daily Hampshire Gazette
- Blogcritics - Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction: Who Took the “ID” Out of CFIDS?
- Blogcritics - Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome an Autoimmune Disease?
- Blogcritics - Book Review: ‘Love and Fatigue in America’ by Roger King