Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide
|Author||Erica Verrillo, Lauren Gellman|
|Series||Quality Medical Home Health Library|
|Subject||Patient guide, treatment guide|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Griffin|
For the updated version, see Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition by Erica Verrillo (2012).
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The CDC estimates that more than half a million Americans currently suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a disease that has defied researchers to discover a cause--or a cure. Authors Erica Verrillo and Lauren Gellman, both long-term CFS patients, have no assembled a one-of-a-kind sourcebook for both patients and clinicians.
This concise, easy-to-understand reference offers the latest medical knowledge, sound advice, and hope to anyone suffering from this disease. Combining a self-help manual, the personal histories of CFS sufferers, and a symptom and treatment dictionary, this comprehensive volume details every facet of the illness and thoroughly discusses every treatment currently available. From diagnosis to symptoms, from traditional to alternative therapies to coping strategies, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide is on eof the only references on this disease written from the patient's perspective. Reading this book could be your single most important step to recovery.
- More than one hundred effective treatments
- Details and up-to-date information on availability, costs, and administration of each treatment
- In-depth discussion of symptoms, cross-referenced with coping and treatment sections
- Extensive appendices covering resources, articles, videotapes, Internet sites, doctors, clinics, mail-order suppliers, and support groups.
- Special coping tips for people with environmental sensitivities and dietary restrictions
Links[edit | edit source]
- CFS: A Treatment Guide - Amazon (US)
- CFS: A Treatment Guide - Amazon (UK)
- CFS: A Treatment Guide - Goodreads
- CFS: A Treatment Guide - Full text available for free online here