Maryann Spurgin, Ph.D., is the founder of the ME Society of America (now archived). She lives in Shreveport, Louisiana, USA and has lived with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) since 1982. She taught philosophy until she became too ill. She now works as a journalist on the science and politics of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
Articles by Maryann Spurgin
- 2016, Ray Colliton, friend to ME community, passes on for the Shoutout About ME blog
- 2016, Circulatory Impairment in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: A Preliminary Thesis
- 2014, IOM Statement from Dr. Maryann Spurgin, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Society of America
- 2003, Maryann Spurgin, Ph.D., Reviews the 2003 ME/CFS Clinical Case Definition
- 2002, Maryann Spurgin Reviews I Remember Me
- 1997, New Age "Science" or Pseudoscience: A Review of Mark Demitrack's and Susan Abbey's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: An Integrative Approach to Evaluation and Treatment